| chapter six |

"Welcome back!" Headmistress McGonagall welcomed as all the students and teachers alike sat in the great hall, smiles lit on their faces as memories of happiness and joy filled them as they returned to a place they called home. Candles floated in the joyful air, paintings smiling as they watched the excited children.

The chatter was quick to fall silent, the new headmistress standing behind the gold eagle statue. Ever since Dumbledore died, McGonagall took his place as headmaster and began to run the school and take care of the students and helping the teachers alike.

"I hope you all have had a lovely summer." She said, softly, a warm smile on her face. McGonagall knew that many students lost their friends or family, she did too, but the wise woman hoped that the new school year would be full of joy and happiness. "We shall start with the resorting."

Everyone in the whole school was being resorted - except for the first years; they were going to be placed in their new homes, who were more than happy to take them in. So, of course, the first years went first then the second years later the third years and so on.

A certain dirty blonde-haired female sat in between her best friends, a dark-skinned male and another male with platinum blonde hide, both of which were slightly nervous about which house they'll get resorted into, even though the blonde knew they'd stay in the same houses.

"Suck it up," Mackenzie spoke, grabbing their attention. "If you're worried, just ask to be placed in Slytherin." She told them, a reassuring smile on her face, one that was rarely seen and was only given to those she cared deeply about. "I did that."

Blaise and Draco nodded, calming down slightly. They hoped with all their hearts that they'd be with each other and, hopefully, in Slytherin. Honestly, they didn't mind which house, they just wanted to be together. The bond of friendship was much more important to them. Though they may have given off an impression of always wanting power and money, the Slytherin's cared about loyalty and friendship and worked as one big family. They protected each other from enemies, and they'd continue to do so until they left the school they call home.

"Blaise Zabini." The students were being called out in alphabetical order for their first names. Walking to the teacher's area, Blaise sat on the stool and just a few seconds later of slight silence, the hat yelled out, "SLYTHERIN!"

The dark skinned man sighed in relief and walked back to his friends, feeling a pair of eyes burn into the side of his head. Turning slightly, the Slytherin locked gazes with Ron, who blushed and turned his head in embarrassment as his whole face burned up. Blaise let out a light chuckle as he walked back to his table, smiling softly.

"Draco Malfoy," McGonagall called, and the hall fell to silence. The platinum-haired boy put on an emotionless mask, walking up to the stage with a confidence that rolled off of him in waves. Sitting on the stool, the sorting hat was placed on top of his head. It scrunched up its eyebrows, muttering to the boy before it screamed out, "SLYTHERIN!"

Draco sighed in relief, his shoulders relaxing as he walked back to his friends with calmness. Blaise high fived him, The two very happy which made Mackenzie smile softly, glad they're nervousness finally left.

Harry watched the platinum-haired male grin and couldn't help but feel his heart speed up as that smile made him smile. Meeting his stare, Harry immediately ducked down; slightly embarrassed that he was caught staring until his teacher calling his name saved him.

"Harry Potter." The hall was silent as the boy who lived walked up to the stage area at the back of the hall. Sitting on the stool, the hat was placed on him, and just after a second, the hat screamed, "Gryffindor!" He sighed in relief, glad he was not put in a different house. As much as he wouldn't mind going to another house, Gryffindor had grown on him, and he didn't know how he'd cope without being with his friends and family.

"Hermione Granger." Mackenzie perked up as she heard the muggle-borns name. Lifting her head from the table, she straightened up to watch the brightest witch walk to the back of the hall and carefully sit on the stool. The hat was placed on her head, muttering to the girl who shook her head.

"Are you sure?" It spoke to her, his voice just low enough for the witch to hear. "Your mate will help guide you in that house." Again, Hermione shook her head, not wanting to be in that. "Very well; let it be, GRYFFINDOR!" Hermione sighed in relief and walked down the steps, rushing to the table with her head ducked down, wanting to get away from all the attention.

Mackenzie chuckled at the girl's shyness and hatred to be the centre of attention. As if feeling her stare, Hermione looked over to see the blonde staring at her, a small smirk dangling on her lips. Instead of turning away in embarrassment, Mackenzie continued to stare at the brunette, winking at her as her name was called up. "Mackenzie Penny."

The blonde walked up with a small smirk, the hall, once again, falling silent as everyone stared at the girl who killed Bellatrix Lestrange and destroyed a whole group of death eaters and their ally's, the trolls, with a flick of her wrist.

Mackenzie was a legend, a saviour to the poor and rich, to the weak. She was the strongest witch out there, and nobody could defeat her, nobody could do tame...or....at least they thought.

Hidden behind locks of doors after doors, highly secured, is a magical ball that holds a prophecy, one very lethal and secret. It is a prophecy that only the highest of the high will know, a prophecy that even He-Who-Must-Be-Named never knew.

The prophecy of Strength and Brains.