| chapter five |

"Good Morning, students." Greeted Professor Beckett, a smile spreading across her face. "How is everyone?" A chorus of 'good' was heard; the student's voices echoing throughout the classroom.

"Good." Muttered Mackenzie as a smirk played on her lips, her eyes checking out the blonde teacher with the smoking hot body, eyes holding mischief and a hint of lust in the sea waves. Seeing tho, Hermione scoffed and turned her head, arms crossed over her chest as she huffed, a feeling of strange anger boiling in the pit of her stomach.

"I'm glad. Today we shall be learning....."

A couple of hours later, Pansy, Mackenzie, Draco and Blaise were walking down the hall with their backs straight and heads high, their faces all having a small smirk, except for Pansy who kept gushing about the new teacher.

"Dude! Our new teacher is hot." She exclaimed, eyes wide with excitement as she let out a small squeal.

"Damn right. Her ass is so big." As Pansy and Mackenzie continued gushing about the new teacher, Professor Ava Beckett, Blaise and Draco walked away from them, not wanting to hear about anything.

"Gurl, if I weren't gay for Luna, I'd toats have a piece of her." The blonde laughed before her eyes widened, realising what her best friend had just said.

"You got a crush on Lovegood?" Nodding, a smile tugged at the dark haired girl's face as she thought about the crazy girl.

"Yeah."

"Have you asked her out?" Mackenzie asked as they sat down, Draco and Blaise in front of them.

"Who?" Draco asked as he leant his head in the palm of his hand.

"Pansy's got the hots for Lovegood." Blaise looked at his friend before looking back at the joyful blonde that seemed to lock eyes with Pansy and wave at the girl.

"Yeah, I can actually see that."

"Same." Agreed Mackenzie before she saw the infamous golden trio walk in with Lavender Brown following after the ginger-haired male Weasley. Catching sight of Blaise's tight fists as he stared with jealousy, Mackenzie's smirk widened. "You wanna see something funny?" Smirking, the other three nodded and observed the blonde as she muttered a spell, eyes closed.

A screech rang throughout the hall, causing everyone to turn to the source. In place of Lavender Brown was a girl with forest green bushy hair and large black eyes along with a pointy nose with a wart on it and as well as large pointy ears. The girl was wearing a colourful dress covered in goo, mud and ripped at places.

"Oh no."

Running away, Lavender screamed which made all the teachers run after, the only people left were the students since McGonagall yelled that nobody was to leave until they sorted Lavender out, who turned to be a vast witch troll. Mackenzie let out a laugh, eyes welling with tears from laughing too much along with her three other friends. Everyone turned to look at the blonde.

"Do you think this is funny?" Hermione yelled, fuming with anger as she glared at her. Mackenzie stopped laughing, wiping a tear from under her eye before nodding.

"Of course. It's not every day you see someone turn into a troll." Hermione's anger exploded as she started scolding at the girl, yelling at her what was right and what was wrong. Calmly walking over, Mackenzie placed her hand in front of the girl's mouth, silencing her. "Do be quiet, Granger. Your voice is annoying me." After wiping her hand on her skirt, Mackenzie and her group began their way to the doors, wanting to leave to their common room when they were stopped by a third year.

"You can't leave." He exclaimed, eyes widening when he realised what he did.

"And why not?" The blonde asked, turning around to stare at the poor third year, who gulped before gathering some courage.

"B-because I said so." Cocking her eyebrow, Mackenzie barked out a laugh with her group following in suit, amusement shining in the eyes of the former.

"And how are you going to stop me?" The blonde crossed her arms over her chest as she jutted out her hip, her weight resting on her right leg. The third boy shrank under her stare, shifting uncomfortably as he felt intimidated by the strongest witch of the century.

"Stop picking on him," Harry spoke up, him and Ron standing up. Draco let out a dark chuckle.

"And what are you going to do about it?" He asked, raising a brow as small dark smirks crawled on all the Slytherin's lips.

"What's going on?" Asked Professor Beckett as she entered the room, having been sent here by McGonagall to check on the students. Mackenzie only spared her a glance, the smirk still on her face with mischief dancing in her eyes.

"Nothing, Professor." She sang and just before they were going to leave, Hermione called her name out.

"Penny."

"What, Granger?" She asked, pausing her movements but not turning around.

"Let's play a game." Now that caught her interest. Turning on her heel, Mackenzie stared at the girl with her eyebrow raised.

"What type of game?"