| chapter one |

"Good Morning, class." Greeted Professor Quinn, her forest green eyes travelling from student to student, scanning them by looks before going to judge them by their abilities. "To start off, I shall put you in a seating plan, randomly." Groans filled the classroom, the students upset that mostly every teacher had put them in a seating plan, but one stern look from the new Professor shut them all up, not wanting to disrespect her.

Grabbing a golden coloured glass from her dark wooden desk, Professor Quinn taped the side with her wand, the sound echoing throughout the room. The pieces of paper inside began to swirl until two popped out with a light blue fog

"Luna Lovegood and Pansy Parkinson." She called, the two going to sit down next to each other. Mackenzie gave her best friend a discreet thumbs up as a smirk tugged at the side of her lips, knowing how major the darker haired girl had on the other girl.

Pansy stuck out her tongue but headed to her seats, shifting closer to the lighter haired girl, wanting to be as close as possible without being too narrow for the girl to notice, which wasn't hard since Luna was in her own little world.

Professor Quinn continued to call out names, most people disappointed with their partner because they wanted to sit with their friends, but they weren't really angry or upset because the person they were next to was acceptable and they could live with it.

"And that leaves, Hermione Granger and Mackenzie Penny." Everyone in the class turned to look at the two, the latter having a smirk on her lip as they moved to sit at the back desk, far away from the teacher and Mackenzie was glad that tall people sat in front of them, blocking the way for the teacher to see whatever they were going to do.

"Okay, now that that is sorted; let us start!" The dark-haired Professor clapped her hands before starting her lesson. "Today we shall be learning about Human Transfiguration."

As Professor Quinn continued to explain the art of Human Transfiguration, Mackenzie doodled in her book, the back page of the book filled with black ink drawings of very detailed pictures of butterflies, which Mackenzie found easy to draw. The blonde already knew everything she was teaching since she loved to read and read almost all the books about every single subject.

"Hermione." The blonde whispered, grabbing the attention of the brunette that sat next to her.

"What?" She hissed. Mackenzie motioned for her to come down and she did, lowering her head. Once Hermione was by her lips, she pressed them to her cheek which glows a bright shade of red as the witch froze.

Mackenzie let out a laugh, interrupting the teacher who caught everyone's attention as they turned to look at the back of the class where the two girls sat.

"Is there a problem, Miss Penny?" The said student shook her head, hiding her grin. "Miss Granger?" The brunette shook her head as her cheeks darkened in embarrassment.

"N-no, P-professor Quinn." Continuing her teachings, Professor Quinn began to explain the ways of Human Transfiguration, the advantages and disadvantages. Mackenzie snickered quietly, ducking her head slightly and placing it on the table.

"N-no, P-p-Professor Q-Quinn." She mocked, trying very hard not to laugh loudly. Hermione glared at the blonde before hitting her leg with her own leg, sparks travelling up both their bodies. 

"Shut up." Mackenzie snickered before pressing a kiss to the corner of her lips, a cheeky grin on her face.

"Sorry, Mione." She said, pulling a puppy dog face as the brunette blushed, sparks running through her veins. Muttering under her breath, Hermione shook her head before continuing to take down notes. Mackenzie shook her head, a small grin on her face as thoughts ran wild in her face.

'Cute'

Class soon finished and the Slytherin's were walking with their heads high. "I can't believe you did that!" Exclaimed Pansy as the four best friends walked down the hall, making their way to the great hall for lunch. Mackenzie smirked, her eyes dancing with mischief. Glancing at her, Draco sighed but couldn't help the small smile that tugged at his lips.

"You're so mischievous." Mackenzie barked out a laugh, all four of them walking with smiles spread across their faces and eyes lighting up.

Mackenzie winked, a smirk crawling up her face. "I know right."