| chapter two |

"Maxie." Opening her sea blue eyes, Mackenzie stared at her best female friend with raised eyebrows as she let out a groan at the sudden penetration of sunlight. "It's time to get up." The Blonde rolled her eyes, turning over and sleeping on her front, burying her head into her soft silver coloured pillow, pulling her green blanket up to her shoulder. Pansy rolled her own eyes before tugging at her sheets a few times, ripping it off of the girl.

"Get up." She said before walking out the room. "I'll be waiting downstairs." Mackenzie let out a groan but sat up, eyes landing on a ginger-haired girl whose brown eyes fluttered open as she scanned the unfamiliar yet familiar room.

"Mackenzie?" The girl questioned as she sat up, her eyes flying down as she realised she was naked. "Did we have sex?" The dirty blonde nodded before getting out of bed and helping Ginny out of bed, pecking her lips.

"Come on; I'll lend you one of my uniforms." The two quickly went to the bathroom, refreshing themselves and washing the sleepiness away.

Once they were done, Mackenzie rummaged through her closet, searching for one of her old uniforms that would fit Ginny seeing as the girl came with no spare uniforms and at this time, the blonde was happy that she had decided to keep her old clothes, knowing they'd come in handy one day.

"Why do you a Gryffindor tie?" Ginny asked as Mackenzie handed the ginger a gold and red striped tie, a smirk on her face as she winked.

"You're not the only Gryffindor I've fucked that's forgotten their clothes." Ginny let out a laugh, and the two continued to fix their clothes before they walked out of the room, Ginny yelling a goodbye as she ran out of the Slytherin common room to meet up with her friends that were bound to be in the great hall.

"So, how was it?" Pansy asked as she and her best friend existed the Slytherin common room with their heads high and back straight, walking through the halls as if they owned the place.

"It was fine ." She answered as they walked to the hall for some breakfast, her arms stuffed in her robe pockets as they continued their walk, heels tapping against the marble floor.

"That's it? There must be something good about it." Pansy pressed, her eyebrow arched as she gazed at her lesbian best friend, who just shrugged before letting out a deep sigh.

"It was the same. All my fucks are missing something." Mackenzie explained, shivering at the gust of cold wind as they passed the open grass area. The grass was still bright with life even though winter was crawling its way to them, like a predator stalking its prey.

"Like what?"

"Love." Pansy looked to Mackenzie with an arched brow, a look of blankness smudging her face as she rolled her eyes at the blonde, who stared outside before the walls closed again, the scenery fading away as they were replaced by paintings that were alive, all talking to each other and greeting one another along with the other students that lingered in the hall.

"Really?" She said, sarcasm dripping out of her mouth. Mackenzie rolled her eyes, chuckling softly.

"Yes really."