| chapter three |

"Okay, class." Called Professor Horace Slughorn to his seventh-year class, one of his favourites if he had to admit, mainly because the infamous Harry Potter was in it, one of his best students and the boy who lived and the boy who destroyed Voldemort. "Today you shall all be put in a seating plan." Groans emitted from all the students at the thought of not sitting with their friends which irritated them. Professor Slughorn only chuckled before he began to call out all out names.

"Neville Longbottom and Hannah Abbott." The couple cheered silently as they quickly rushed to the front, eyes wide with excitement and smiles stretching across their faces, happy that they got to sit together. The blonde haired Slytherin rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest as she leant against the white wall of the Potions classroom.

Glancing over, a young Gryffindor brunette watched the blonde with eyes that swirled with an emotion unknown to herself and Mackenzie, who immediately felt her stare but allowed her to continue to take in her heavenly body, a small smirk tugging at her lips as she knew that Hermione couldn't take her for brown eyes off of her goddess-like body, one she was thankful to have and made sure to take care of it.

Turning her head slightly, the Mackenzie caught gazes with the brown haired angel, whose face turned red, immediately turning her head away as her heart sped up, the blood pumping through her body quickened in pace as she began to shy away, looking down at her shoes that she found more interesting.

Mackenzie chuckled slightly, a small smile on her face as a slight warm feeling expanded in her body, her eyes still lingering on the brunette. Professor Slughorn continued to call out names, some students happy and some angry and annoyed.

"Harry Potter and...Draco Malfoy." Everyone stared at the teacher, who wore a proud smile about his decision, in shock, jaws wide open as their eyes almost bulged out fo their head. Mackenzie raised a delicate brow as she watched the two walk to their assigned seat. She almost barked out laughing when she saw Harry's face turn red as they accidentally touched.

"He's got a crush on Draco." Whispered the blonde to her dark-skinned friend, who nodded in agreement, a small smirk on their faces as they knew that they were never going to stop teasing the platinum-haired boy.

"Ron Weasley and Blaise Zabini." And just like his best friend, the ginger's face was red with embarrassment as he rushed to his seat, accidentally brushing his fingers against Blaise's arm.

"And the ginger's got a crush on Blaise," Mackenzie whispered to Pansy, who giggled softly. The professor continued to call out names, and that's when Mackenzie understood the teacher's cunning plan. Professor Slughorn wanted everyone to get along with each other; that was why he was putting people that practically hate each other together.

'You sly man.' She thought, a small smirk on her face as amusement danced in her eyes. 'No wonder he was sorted in Slytherin.'

"Hermione Granger and Mackenzie Penny."

And that was when all hell broke loose.

An hour later, Pansy Parkinson and Mackenzie Penny were in the Slytherin common room, the latter throwing a raging tantrum.

"Can you believe that he's put me next to Granger!" Ranted Mackenzie as she paced in the Slytherin common room, the red flame warming up the green and silver decorated room, the fire matching the anger that burned in her body. "Of all people!"

"Oh please, at least you aren't stuck with Lunny Lovegood." Pansy scoffed, rolling her eyes as her back leant against the black leather couch that had green and silver pillow plopped against the corners, sinking into the sofa.

"True." Commented Mackenzie as she sat on the couch, crossing her right leg over her left. "At least we don't have to sit with Weasley or Potter." She added, the two unconsciously leaning against each other as their shoulders touched, finding comfort in each other.

"The poor guys." Pansy looked into the fire with a small frown, one that copied her best friends. Glancing at each other, they burst into a fit of laughter as the thought of the four guys bickering would make their day.

"Mackenzie!"

"Speak of the devil." The said girl whispered before standing up, a wide grin spreading across her face as she saw her best male friend walk in with their other best friend trailing behind him. "Draco! How can I help?" The platinum-haired male scanned the blonde's face, his stormy grey eyes taking in her posture and tone of voice.

"What did you do?" Mackenzie let out a gasp, feigning shock as she placed her hand on her chest, just where her heart is.

"Why would you ever think I did something bad?" Draco rose a brow as Blaise snickered silently, shaking his head in amusement and slight disbelief.

"Come on," He spoke up, his dark wood brown eyes bright. "Let's go for dinner."

"Aye Aye, Captain." Mackenzie did a salute, standing straight before marching out of the common room, both her arms and legs straight as she mimicked a London guard.

Draco sighed, his hand covering his face as he rubbed his temples. Blaise and Pansy chuckled, the latter following the blonde lesbian.

"Come on." Blaise tugged at the boy's shirt, pulling his hand away from his face, a small smirk spreading across his face. "Let's go."

Draco let out a sigh and followed his best friend, eyes swirling with a pinch of amusement. "That girl."