| chapter six |

Everyone in the hall stared at the two in shock, their eyes wide as the infamous blonde lesbian queen of Slytherin sat opposite the brightest witch of their age, a smirk on her face and mischief dancing in her eyes, her interests peaked to the sky above.

Her chin was placed in her hands as she leant close to the girl, eyebrows raised as she stared into the girl's doe-brown eyes that held bravery and courage, not afraid of the blonde that sat in front of her with a dominating aura surrounding her, one that made many submit to her, willingly.

"A fun game," Hermione answered, her confidence boosting as her inner lion roared out its power, not afraid of going up against a cunning and fierce snake that was strong in power and dominating with its fangs bared as it hissed, it's venom pooling in its mouth as it was ready to strike and attach its enemy.

"And what is the objective of our fun little game, Granger?" She asked, eyes glinting with amusement as she leant closer to the brunette, eyes flashing white with her pupils turning into slits for just a second, something that only Draco caught sight of. The platinum-haired boy nudged his best friend, nodding towards their other friend whose hair began to have a light silver, almost white, a streak running through her hair, signalling that her inner snake was coming out and was ready to pounce on the thing that thought that it was the predator, that it was dominating.

"Who falls for the other first." Mackenzie cocked a brow, not expecting something that bold coming from someone who was shy but wouldn't hesitate to speak up about anything she disliked.

"And what are the rules?" She mused, her interest peaking higher by the second. The blonde felt curiosity running through her veins while mischief ran in her blood and pooled into her ocean blue eyes.

"No rules," Hermione answered as she too leant forward, her chin resting in her interlocked fingers, the two staring at each other, portraying dominance, none of them backing down.

The Gryffindor's friends watched with shock, eyes wide and jaws dropped while Mackenzie's friends had small smirks on their faces, knowing that their friends were going to win this game, she always came on top.

"Is Hermione Granger finally coming to terms with no rules?" The blonde mocked only for the brunette in front of her to shrug, not really bothered by her mockery. "When's the deadline?"

"The end of term - before Christmas." Mackenzie's smirk grew as she nodded her head and outstretched her hand.

"Deal." They shook hands, a feeling of sparks travelling up their arms at the skin to skin contact. Yanking her forward, Mackenzie brought the brunette closer to her, pressing a soft kiss to the Gryffindor' cheek.

"See you around, Hermione." And with that, she walked off with her head high, and hips swaying as the smartest witch's face grew hot, tints of pink splashed onto her cheeks. Hearing the blonde say her first name was a bit shocking but for some strange reason, Hermione felt something warm blossom in her chest.

"This is going to be one interesting game." Muttered Harry as he watched the person he thought of as a little sister stares at his archenemy's slash crush's best friend.

Luna nodded in agreement, her eyes hooded with daze as she wore her sparkly glasses. "Indeed it will be."