Summary

"Just because someone looks happy doesn't mean they are because even a white rose has a black shadow."

Since middle school ended, it's been a constant struggle for Ellie Turner. Her parents had gotten a divorce over the summer and she barely saw her father anymore. Not that he was around from the start.

Since the divorce, Ellie had pretended to be brave. She would constantly put on a fake smile on her face. She managed to fool all her friends at school. She had pretended to be someone she's not. But there's only one person who managed to see right through her and that one person is Farkle Minkus.

No matter how many times Ellie assured Farkle that she's fine, Farkle knew she was not fine at all.

Authors Note:

Hi, everyone. I have rewritten Thorn to improve it and I didn't like the direction I originally took it. 

It is connected to my Riley Matthews fanfic, Static. Some of the characters who are mentioned or appear on the show are characters from Static.

Thorn is an AU. It takes place during season 3, but it won't follow the exact storyline of the season. I never envisioned Thorn to be following the show's storyline exactly.

I really hope you all enjoy Thorn and let me know what you all think as you read it.