[05] Empty Homes

Ellie went to school on Wednesday

Ellie went to school on Wednesday. Her friends have been bugging her about audition for the next school play. They were going to do Beauty and the Beast and Ellie really didn't want to do it.

"Audition for the play," Farkle said as he followed Ellie to her locker. 

Farkle was the first one of her friends Ellie saw when she got to school. She texted Anthony and Aaron letting them she got to school.

"I don't want to," Ellie said as they reached her locker.

"Why not?" Farkle asked. "You're so talented."

"I don't know, Farkle," Ellie said. "I guess I'm not feeling it."

"Ellie, you really should," Farkle insisted. "You'd make the perfect lead."

"Are you going to audition?" Ellie asked, knowing Farkle's obsession with acting and drama.

"Yeah, I am," Farkle said, proudly. "I'm auditioning for the Beast. What do you think? Tell me honestly."

"If I were you, I wouldn't audition for the male lead," Ellie said.

"Oh," Farkle said, disappointedly.

"Farkle, since you're only just started taking acting classes a few months ago, I think you shouldn't be the lead," Ellie said. "Maybe audition for Chip or another character that isn't the Beast."

"Oh," Farkle said. 

"But, if you want to audition for the Beast," Ellie encouraged. "The drama teacher knows what role was best for everyone."

Farkle nodded.

"Farkle," Lucas Friar called from the other end of the hall. "Come on, let's go to class."

Farkle glanced behind him at Lucas.

"You guys go ahead," Farkle said. "I'll see you guys in class."

Lucas gave Farkle a confused look but nodded. He turned around and went into class.

Ellie unlocked her locker door and opened it.

"How's everything?" Farkle asked.

"Alright," she shrugged. "What about you?"

"Good, I guess," he shrugged.

"What about you and Smackle?"

Farkle took a deep breath.

"I honestly have no idea what to do with everything going on with Smackle," Farkle said. "Things have been getting worse. And the stuff she's been saying about Lucas, I..."

Ellie looked at Farkle sympathetically.

"Talk to her about it," she suggested. "Tell her you don't want her to make those comments."

"I have tried, but she keeps making them," Farkle said. "I have no idea what to do anymore."

Ellie bit her lip.