[08] Break Down

It became harder and harder for Ellie to stay strong. It seemed to her that anything can happen to her that causes her to break down and cry. She has become good at not crying herself to sleep now.

Since her parents' divorce, she's been crying herself to sleep every night. Now, she doesn't but with all the stress and not talking about what she really feels, she's ready to break down.

Her parents argument the previous day really didn't help. She's been keeping herself from crying or just losing it on someone all day long and it's been getting harder and harder. 

She tapped her pen on her desk looking down at her math assignment. It looked really complicated but she knew she'd be able to push through. She bit her lip before she attempted on solving the problem.

She couldn't focus on the problem when her mind was else wear. She snapped out of her thoughts when Anthony tap her on her shoulder.

"What?" she whispered.

"This is from Farkle," Anthony said.

"Farkle?" she repeated.

He nodded. She took the note from him and looked towards Farkle. He was watching. He smiled before he returned to working.

Ellie opened the note. It had a quote written on it. She smiled knowing that the quote, in her eyes, was true. It felt like it represented her.

She looked up at Farkle who was watching her again. She smiled at him. He smiled back before he returned to work. 

Ellie felt butterflies in her stomach fluttering at the sight of Farkle and his smile. There's something about him that drew her to him.

After class ended, Ellie left with Anthony at her side. They were discussing the worksheet they had to do when Farkle came up to them.

"Did you read my note?" he asked.

"Yeah, I did," she said.

"What did you think?" Farkle said.

"I really liked it, Farkle," Ellie said.

A smile appeared on his face. 

"Good," he said. "I've been trying to find a quote that perfectly suits you for a while and I think that's the perfect one."

Ellie smiled.

Anthony looked between the two, confused.

"Yeah, well, it felt like it suited me," Ellie said.

"Great," he said. He looked behind him to see that Smackle was waiting for him. "I gotta go. Smackle's waiting for me."

Ellie nodded. "Alright," she said. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see ya," he said. "Bye, Anthony."

"Bye," he said. 

The sight of Farkle and Smackle together caused Ellie's smile to drop. She didn't like seeing the two together. It hurt her to see someone that she has fallen for is with someone else.

"You like Farkle," Anthony realized. 

"Yeah," she said. "I do."