[01] Divorce

It was quite hard for Ellie Turner growing up. Especially when she entered middle school. She witnessed her parents got divorced. It was something that deeply affected her. She saw her friends having a normal family, a normal life. A life that Ellie will never ever have again.

A life that she wished she never took for granted. She wished that she valued the time she had her family had together but she didn't realize how valuable the time she had with her family as a normal family until the divorce finalized.

Middle school was quiet a hard time for her. The arguments between her parents started and all she wanted was for it to stop. It was hard for her to go to school and put a smile on her face. She had to pretend to be happy around everyone she knows and loves and pretend that everything was perfect.

The summer before 9th grade came around and it was done. Her parents are officially divorce. She hardly saw her father anymore. Right when her parents announced they're divorcing, Ellie's father was with another woman immediately.

Knowing that she has a broken family know hurt her inside. It turned her into a girl she doesn't recognizes anymore. A girl who pretends to be someone else. A girl who wishes she could be happy again. A girl who had lost herself while trying to hold onto what she lost.

Now, it's only Ellie, her mother and her brothers, Justin and Tyler. The rest of her family aren't in the picture. There's nothing she can do about it. Her father has another family now and her mother refuses to talk to him and she refuses to see her own family. Ellie's mother left her family as soon as she graduated.

Ellie went to summer camp the summer before 9th grade. As much as Ellie wanted to stay behind, her mother insisted, saying that she'll be fine. Even with new people around her at summer camp, Ellie still pretended to be someone she's not. She was honest with her new friends, but that didn't stop her from pretending to be this happy girl, when in reality, she's not.

The summer is nearly ending and Ellie knew that once the school year started, she'd have tons of homework and after school clubs.

Having a mother who's a famous fashion designer, they live in a nice neighborhood and can afford to higher a full-time maid and butler. While Ellie's mother is always out traveling and working, Ellie is left behind with her brothers, Tyler and Justin, and their butler, Thomas, and maid, Anna.

"Alright, guys, it's time to go get your school supplies," Anna called to the Turner siblings.

"Do we have to?" the oldest of the three siblings, Justin, asked.

"Yes," Anna said. "You start school next week, and you need your supplies."

Justin groaned. "Why can't I just be homeschooled?"

"Because your mother decided to send you to school," Anna said. "If you have issues with school, run it with your mother. Now, come one. Tyler! Ellie! We have to get going!"

"Alright! Just give me a few minutes!" Ellie called back. "I'm just getting my bag and putting my things in them!"

"A few minutes!" Anna called. "Tyler! Where are you?!"

"I'm here," the youngest Turner said, entering the living room.

"Oh, good," Anna said.

Several minutes later, a young blonde girl entered the room.

"Alright, awesome, all three of you are here," Anna said. "Come on, lets go."

Ellie looked out the car window on the way to the stores to get their backpack along with the rest of their supplies for school. Ellie was already too deep in her thoughts when Tyler snapped her out of her thoughts. He was showing her something that he found interesting. Ellie was the only person, apart from Tyler's friends, who was willing to listen to Tyler when he rambles on something that he's interested in.

This time, Tyler was rambling about a piece of information he found about an animal species. Ellie smiled as he told her about it.

Tyler stopped talking about it when arrived. He had said he'll tell her more about it when they get home.

Ellie wondered around the store, picking out the things she needed for school.

Once she got everything she needed, she found Anna.

"Oh, God, that's plenty of things," Anna said.

"Ya think?" Ellie said.

"Here, let me help," Anna said. Anna took some of the supplies from Ellie and put them in the cart.

"Thanks," Ellie said.

"Now, we need to find your brothers," Anna said.

Ellie didn't say anything. She just nodded and followed Anna as they looked for Justin and Tyler. When they found the two boys, they had already found everything they needed. Some of the things they had gotten was already in the cart from before hand.

They payed for the items before leaving the store.

***

Tyler forgot to continue telling Ellie about the animal species so Ellie managed to go to her room, without any disturbance.

"Hey," Anna said.

"Hi," Ellie said.

"You okay?" Anna asked.

"I'm fine," Ellie lied.

Anna raised her eyebrows at Ellie. "Really, El? You're seriously lying to me?"

"I just don't want to talk about it," Ellie said.

"Instead of seeing me as your maid, how about you see me as your friend?" Anna suggested.

"Even is I'm looking at you as my friend, I still wouldn't talk about it," Ellie said.

Anna sighed. "How about we leave the boys here with Thomas and we go out for frozen yogurt?" Anna asked.

Ellie smiled. "Yeah," she said.

"Come on, lets go."