Epilogue

Many years passed and Ellie and her friends graduated high school. They all went started college and while Ellie was in college, she started acting. 

She had small rolls in shows and movies. 

Once she graduated college, she started acting more while working at a coffee shop. It was a struggle, but she managed.

Ellie eventually was able to get her big break and get more roles. She quit her job at the coffee shop and find a better apartment to live in. She and her brothers saw each other quite often.

Whenever Ellie could, she would see Anthony, Aaron and Peyton and hang out with them.

Now, Ellie is twenty five years old and she had just gotten back to New York from Los Angeles. She heard that Noah Taylor, an old friend of hers, had passed away and his funeral was being held in New York. 

Ellie didn't think she was going to come back home to New York for a funeral. She would much rather have come home under different circumstances.

Ellie took some time off from work to attend the funeral.

"Ellie?" she heard a voice she hasn't heard in years. "Ellie Turner?"

She turned around to see Farkle Minkus, a boy she hasn't seen since high school.

"Farkle?" she said.

"Hey," he smiled. 

"Hi," Ellie said. "H - how are you?"

"Well, despite what just happened, I'm - I'm doing good," Farkle said.

"Yeah," Ellie said.

"How - how are you?"

"I'm okay," Ellie said.

"Hey, um, do you want to grab coffee some time?" Farkle asked. 

"Oh, yeah, sure," Ellie said. "I'm leaving two days after Noah's funeral, so..."

"Oh, alright, so let's grab coffee the day after," Farkle said.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," Ellie said. "I'll see you later, I guess."

"Yeah," Farkle agreed. "I'll see you in a bit."

Ellie forced a smile on her face and nodded in agreement. 

There was something about seeing Farkle Minkus after all these years that  made her think back to all the memories she had with Farkle. It also brought back old feelings that she never thought she would feel again.

Right at that moment, Ellie realized... she never truly got over Farkle Minkus.