[10] Worlds Apart

Ninth grade was coming to an end and summer vacation was starting up soon. Many things have occurred during that school year. New friendships and old ones withered. Ellie never thought she'd hate high school so much in her life. 

She was able to keep her friends, but that didn't stop her from despising high school. She made a few new friends, but unfortunately she lost a friend that she never thought she was going to lose.

No matter much she tried, she tried to hold onto Farkle Minkus. She tried her hardest to not let him find out of her feelings for him. She tried to keep it hidden, but unfortunately, he found out.

"How could you not tell me?" Farkle demanded. "Ellie, why didn't you tell me this sooner?"

"Farkle, I wanted to," Ellie said. "I swear to you, I wanted to tell you, but I just couldn't."

"Why couldn't you?"

"Because I didn't want to lose you!" Ellie said. "You're my friend and I was afraid if I told you, I would lose you."

"Ellie, you're the one who I fell for. But - but -"

"You do?" Ellie said.

"Yeah, I do," Ellie said. "After hanging out with you so often, I realized my feelings for you and - and... I don't want to lose you."

"We can try," Ellie said. "We can try something.

"Y - yeah," Farkle agreed. "We - we can try something, but we can't tell anyone."

Ellie nodded. 

Farkle had realized that Smackle wasn't the one he wanted to be with. It was Ellie. She was the one who had stolen his heart. 

Ellie and Farkle tried dating for a few weeks but failed at it. It seemed like it wasn't the right time. No matter how hard tried to fight for their relationship, they failed at it. 

Unfortunately, they were in two different worlds. Ellie was an actor and Farkle was a scientist. They both come from two different worlds. It seemed scientists and actors can't be together.

"I'm really sorry, Ellie," Farkle said. "I can't - we can't -"

"I know," Ellie sighed. "I guess we weren't meant to be together."

"Yeah," Farkle agreed. "We just did it wrong, I guess."

Ellie sighed.

"We can still be friends, right?" Farkle asked.

"We can try and be friends," Ellie said. 

"Yeah, yeah, we can try and stay friends," Farkle said.

Unfortunately, they weren't able to stay friends.

Luckily, Ellie had her friends at her side through it all. Aaron, Anthony and Peyton were there for Ellie after she and Farkle split up. They made sure they were there for her and not leave her.

"This is all my fault," Anthony said. "It's all my fault. I'm the one who encouraged you to be with him when you two shouldn't have. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Ellie assured him. "I think it's not the right time."

Ellie took a deep breath. 

"There's a quote that I read, 'Honest feelings and bad timings make the most painful combination,'" she recited.

"You and Farkle were honest about your feelings for each other but..." Peyton started.

"You got together at the wrong time," Aaron finished. 

"Yeah," Ellie said. 

"What are you and Farkle are going to do now?" Aaron asked.

"I wish I knew, but I don't," Ellie said. "All I know is that we're in two different worlds and that made everything ten times worse."

"I guess we'll wait and see what happens in the future," Anthony said.

"Yeah," Ellie agree. "We will see what happens. 

"And the three of us will be there for you through it all," Peyton said.

Ellie smiled at Peyton's words.

"Thanks, guys," Ellie said. "You three are the best."