5

After a long ass conversation with my uncle, about protecting Paige and how I shouldn't let a dude step up to her, I finally arrive to my place. "Hey mom." I kiss her cheek. "Where's dad?"

"He's at the bar with his friends. Today is game night, remember?"

"Right right? Didn't he invite you?"

My moms looks at me as if I am crazy. "You think I'm going to spend time at the bar with a bunch of dude, just to watch a game, when we have TV here and a couple of beers?"

Girls will never understand. "You're right." I look over her shoulder. "What're we eating tonight?"

"Takeout. Your favorite is on the stove." She kisses my cheeks. "Goodnight boy. I'm tried."

"Night mom." I walk over to the stove, grab my food and drink and make my way upstairs.

**

After a long shower, I pull out my laptop and the sheet of paper with Malaysia's email on it.

"Yo. This is Drake." I then grab my food and start eating. My mom knows what the deal is. She better had added hot sauce.

This is one of the stereotypes I actually agree with. In every black person's house, you'll find hot sauce and we'll have to have hot sauce on majority of our foods. If it isn't spicy, it isn't hot sauce.

"Heyy! What took you so long?"

What do you mean what took me so long? She should be lucky that I'm emailing her from my email that I've forgotten about, until today. I wanted to meet up with her ass instead.

"I had to handle something, but I'm here now." I bring the spoon to my mouth.

"I understand. Glad you're here how. Where should we begin?"

"Why don't we begin with the reason why I cannot meet up with my partner at the library."

There was like a five minute pause, until she decided to write back.

"I am more free when using my email." She starts off. "No one is controlling or watching me. This is the only source I have left to really be myself and not what everybody else expects."

"So you're not free when at the library?"

"You can say that." She sends with a smiley face.

"But one time you're going to have break out of that shell baby girl and meet me at the library or somewhere else, because I refuse to email each other all the time."

"I understand." She sends with another smiley face. I guess it's because I called her baby girl. I tend to have that affect on people.

"Do you really?"

"Yes I do. Now let us begin. What do you have so far."

"See what happened was....."

"lol, don't worry. I started. I'll send you what I wrote."

"Why don't we face chat instead of all this typing shit we're doing. I'm eating and I don't like going back and fourth from my food to laptop."

**

After two minutes of convincing her, we're finally hitting it up on Skype.

"Hello." I answer her call. It took a few seconds for me to finally see her and damn she's sexy as hell. She's wearing a big shirt with shorts, which the shirt is covering.

"Hey." She smiles as she fixes her hair. "Happy now?"

"Not until we meet."

She looks down and smiles. "Lets start. I'll read what I have so far and you'll tell me if you like it or not, and add your input."

Love is a bridge between two souls. It cannot be defined, but could be felt. A very beautiful feeling. Love is caring sharing and passion. Love is love.

She looks up from her paper and back at me. "Well?" She asks. "How is it so far?"

"I like it, but we need two pages baby girl."

"Any input?" She asks.

"Well I've never been in love before, so the things that might comes out of my mouth might sound stupid to me."

"Just go and We'll see how stupid it sounds."

I can define love in one word so far and it is acceptance. You accept him/her for who he/she is, how ugly he/she is or how imperfect he/she is. For sickness or for wealth, you'll accept him/her because that's true love. You won't live in his past or break up with him/her because he's missing something others have.

She looks into the camera, and into my eyes. "How was it?" I ask.

"Oh...." She looks down blushing. "It was really good. We should start off with yours instea..-" Her phone rings.

She rolls her eyes and answers. "Hello?"

I'm guess it's Johnson. I take my food and finish eating while listening to her part of the conversation.

"You need to mind your own business." She speaks.

I chuckle. "Damn." I speak.

She looks at me and signals me to hush.

"I'm doing my homework."

"I'm home." She rolls her eyes.

"No. I'm doing my homework alone. I don't need any distractions. Bye." She hangs up. "Sorry about that." She says while putting her phone on silence. "It was Johnson checking up on me. He doesn't like the idea that you and I are partners."

"Can't blame him. A lot of dude wouldn't like their girl being my partner." I shrug.

She rolls her eyes playfully and puts her notebook away. "That's enough work for today."

"Wow you're lazy." I chuckle.

"It's not that. I'm just exhausted and my body is sore."

"How long have you guys been dating?" I ask.

"Almost a year now."

"Wow... you must be in love."

"Thought I was." She responds. "He's not how he was when I first met him."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She nods. "Nothing. Let's talk about you. Have you ever been in a relationship?"

"Hell no. I don't want to be tied down so early. I'm young and free. I'm trying to enjoy it."

"So you haven't met a girl that you really like?"

"No and if I did, it was probably because of her pus..." I stop myself. If I want to get with her, why am I portraying myself as an ass? "No I haven't. She just hasn't come yet."

She nods in understanding. "I've heard about you and your freaky side."

I laugh. Let me guess, several girls bragged about it the next day?

"Yeah. They were mesmerized."

Told y'all. I bet some of y'all thought I was lying. "What about you? Have you ever been mesmerized?"

"No. I want to wait for the right time."

"But you've been keeping Johnson waiting for a long time an...-"

"I got to go. Bye." She shuts her laptop. This conversation was getting good as hell. Was it something I said?