20

"What a year." I speak.

"Tell me about it." Malaysia giggles in my arms, while I try to bite her cheeks.

"Yeah, what a year." Deandre, my litte cousin, speaks. He looks me up and down, then looks at Darius, then  Damien, then Desmond, "Darryl is the only nigga I can trust now." He turns to Darryl and puts his hand on his shoulder.

"Man, shut up." Darius says.

"I'm only speaking the truth. I lost my cousins to a couple of bit---"

"Watch your mouth." Damien says.

Deandre badass Carter. His mouth has no type of filter. I know most of us don't, but I wouldn't call his girl a bitch. "Maaaan." He sucks his teeth.

"Say something slick one more time." Desmond speaks. Desmond is the only one that can deal with his ass, without having to beat his ass. And that's weird because Desmond is the one that loses his temper easily, but I guess when it comes to family, he doesn't.

"You'll find yours one day Deandre."

"Listen here." He looks at me. "Y'all say that to each other at every family reunion. I am not going to say anything to jinx it."

We all laugh.

"Come on." My uncle Drew says. "It's time for football." He calls all of us guys over."

The girls get up. All of us look at them as if they're crazy. "Where are you guys going?" Damien asks.

"To play football." Alex speaks.

We laugh. "Girls just sit down and watch." Desmond says kissing Ari. "Carter tradition."

We all kiss our girls and just when we were about to leave, Paige walks up to us.  "Hey guys." She hugs each one of us individually. "Are these my cousin's in-law?" She looks at Damien and Darius."

They laugh and nod their head.

Paige smiles and walks up to them. "Hey I am Paige, everyone's favorite cousin."

Jordyn and Alex smiles and introduces themselves.

"You guys are very pretty. My cousin's and brother have very good taste."

"Aww." Alex says. "And you're such a cutie." Paige smiles and squishes herself in-between them. Us guys walks away, ready to start the game.

__

"Ayee, listen here." I point at Damien. "Just because your ass plays football in reality, doesn't mean shit on this field." I start talking shit.

"Keep talking shit."

"Can you girls shut up and continue this game." Deandre looks at us.