First Day of School!

**Aphmau's POV**

Beep!

Beep!

Be-

I slammed my hand down on the alarm, already wide awake. I leaped out of bed, throwing my curtains wide and dancing around in a small circle. The sun wasn't even over the treetops, but I was ready. I was excited. Getting ready for my first class was quiet, seeing as my roommate didn't have a class for two more hours.

My roommate was a young werewolf named Dottie Small. She had purple ears and tail, and her hair was a mixture of that and blue. Her skin was pale, and her smile was bright. She had bright clear blue eyes, and she was the sweetest and most innocent person I had ever met. She was also funny and silly, but I didn't know about her talent. She hadn't mentioned what she did, so I didn't force it. Who knew, maybe she was really shy about it.

Twirling around in front of my mirror, I gave myself a grin. I was wearing a white off-the-shoulders blouse with a black strap going behind my neck. Jeans and brown sandals completed the look, and my black hair was pulled behind my head in a half-up-half-down style.

    I grabbed my backpack that held my laptop and books for my first class before heading out of my room

    I grabbed my backpack that held my laptop and books for my first class before heading out of my room. I gently pushed open the door separating my room from the main room. To my surprise, the large room was filled with an intoxicating smell, and I saw Dottie in the kitchen, sliding a plate onto the countertop.

"Wow, Dottie! I didn't know you could cook!" She looked up at me with a giggle, her ears laying back in embarrassment.

"Yep! My mom adopted me and one of my brothers, so we were always learning and helping around the house to kind of, well, pay her back! And may I say, cooking has become my forte!" We giggled together before I joined her in the kitchen for a meal.

"Why are you up so early though?" With this she sighed, giving me a look.

"When you have two brothers, you get used to waking up early. Besides, I wanted to make you breakfast before your first class! Oh please tell me how it goes, okay?" I nodded, and with that, we ate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked up at the large building in front of me, attempting to swallow my nerves. Class started in ten minutes, but already students were going in and out of the place. I was nervous that I would way too far behind, and would have to go back to sophomore or even freshmen year- I was technically a freshman in junior classes.

"Aphmau?" I turned around to see Aaron and Cadenza, both of them ready to face class. "What are you doing here?" Aaron started towards me, Cadenza a pace behind him.

"Do you need help finding your class? This building's only for junior and senior history classes." I shook my head, giving them a smile.

"No actually, I'm supposed to be here. My dad... well, long story short, he bumped me up two years, so now technically I'm a junior." I giggled at the surprise on Aaron's face. Cadenza came to my side and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Well then, we'll just make sure you get to the right classroom! What class do you have first sweetheart?"

"History of Dance," I replied almost instantly. I had memorized my schedule last night, including all of the classroom numbers and times.

    Cadenza let out a breath, giving me a grin. "Well, you're in luck sweetheart because so do we! I didn't know that Dance was your major!" She lead me into the building, and Aaron trailed behind. We talked about small things, mainly about what we all majored in. From her, I learned that along with the three of us, Nana also majored in Dance. Katelyn, Nicole, Travis, Jeffory, Garroth, and Laurance all majored in Theatre, Lucinda and Vylad majored in Art, and Zane majored in Voice.

"Zane sings?" I said in a shocked voice. Cadenza laughed, pulling me into a classroom. In the front of the room was a large chalkboard, and a projector was also set up. There was a large table closer to the front, and papers and books were stacked up neatly. Proceeding upwards like a staircase, multiple smaller tables with two or three chairs were arrayed in the second half. A few students, several still in their pajamas, were already at tables, setting up their things and catching up with friends.

I gulped, suddenly very nervous. But Cadenza kept her arm around me, and I felt Aaron move up closer behind me. I smiled, knowing that my friends would help me in whatever way possible. Cadenza lead us up to a three-person table sort of in the center of the room, placing me in the center.

"You need any help, doll, don't hesitate to ask. Trust me, more than half the people in this class spend half the time talking." She laughed, causing me to do the same as I got my laptop and books out. Aaron simply smiled, doing the same.

"How have you been Aaron? We haven't seen each other much this past week." He smiled apologetically, opening up his laptop.

"Sorry about that. You know how school is- I still needed to get all of my textbooks and stuff." I laughed, shaking my head.

"I've had everything ready for the past month." He stuck his tongue out at me, and I giggled.

"Well excuse me for not being Miss. Perfect." I giggled harder, smacking his shoulder.

"Oh? So you're a Miss now?" He growled under his breath, a light blush coming over his face.

"You know I didn't mean it like that!" Then he started laughing, bumping his shoulder against mine. I pushed back, the two of us laughing.

Before our little 'fight' went any farther, the door opened and an older woman who I guessed was the teacher walked in.

"Alright, class! I want everyone to open their textbooks to page 14. We are wasting no time this year!"