First Date!

**Aphmau's POV**

     I grinned, opening the car door and sliding into the passenger seat. Ein smiled at me, starting the car. I let out a sigh, leaning back against the headrest and closing my eyes briefly. "I can't believe that dress rehearsal is over."

     "I can't believe our first show is tomorrow." His voice was soft but sweet, a questioning tone always hidden in his voice. Ein and I had become good friends seeing as we saw each other every day during dance and school since we were both juniors and lead roles in The Nutcracker.

     I laughed, reaching up and starting to take my hair out of its very tight bun. "I know! It feels like it should only be October, not December." He agreed, and we drove for several minutes in companionable silence. Normally, we would be able to walk everywhere, but because the drama troupe had their own performance of Wicked, the dance troop was holding our performance at the nearest professional theater, ten minutes away from school.

    After those ten minutes, we arrived at the dorms. Ein parked his car and got out, coming around to my side. I smiled as he opened the door for me, holding out his hand like a gentleman. "Why thank you, kind sir!" I giggled, accepting his hand and allowing him to help me out of the car. He walked me through the building until we got to the elevator.

     "I'll see you in half an hour? We can meet right outside the front door if you want." I nodded, pressing the button on the elevator and adjusting the way my bag fell on my shoulder.

    "That sounds good. I'll see you soon Ein. Thank you again for asking me out tonight." I blushed slightly, but before another word could be said, the elevator dinged and opened. I stepped inside, giving him my best smile before the doors shut and the machine started the descent upwards.

    I sighed, leaning back against the cold metal door, trying to calm my rushing heart. I was extremely nervous for no good reason except for the fact that this was my first real date in over a year. I had a disaster of a boyfriend freshman year of college, and I tried the best that I could to forget about him and block him from my mind. What's the point of focusing on the bad points of life anyway?

    Once I got back to my dorm and after a short but refreshing shower, Dottie and I spent the next ten minutes picking out my outfit. I had to admit, she had amazing fashion sense. When I left the dorm and started back downstairs, I felt extremely confident. My hair was in a messy fishtail Dottie had done while I had been doing my makeup, and it fell over my right shoulder almost down to my waist. I wore a purple flannel shirt over a white shirt that hugged my form but also kept me warm. Under that, I wore blue jeans and black leather boots that clicked against the ground every time I took a step. A white purse hung from my left shoulder, and my makeup was light but not so light it wasn't noticeable. I really hoped it didn't look like I was trying too hard- I wanted to make a good impression on him, not make him think the ru- No Aph, don't think about that. This is your night off, and you aren't going to ruin it with those thoughts.

    Content and pleased with my appearance, I walked out of the elevator, glad for the extra two inches my boots gave me. That's the one thing I wished I had gotten from my dad- his height. I was 4'10" and most likely staying there for the rest of my life. Oh well, at least it makes somethings easier.

    "Aphmau!" I turned my head to see Ein, and my face turned warm as well as a dark shade of pink I was sure. He looked very handsome, that much I could say. He was casual, almost like he wasn't trying. But at the same time, he looked all the better for it. I didn't really care for the people that tried all too hard on their appearances. "You look stunning." He winked, and my shoulders rose slightly, my head dropping slightly and a small smile slipping over my lips. "Shall we?" He offered his elbow and I took it, looking up at him with a smile.

    It only took about ten minutes to get to the restaurant and we spent the whole trip talking of small things such as people in our grade or roles we hoped to get in the spring performance of Romeo and Juliet. When we arrived, I looked outside and grinned. "How did you know I love Olive Garden?" He laughed, a sound that reverberated in his chest and in mine.

    "The real question is who doesn't?" I laughed as well at that, opening the door and starting towards the building with Ein at my side. Together we walked through the glass doors, he holding the doors for me. When we approached the hostess, he stepped forward slightly, telling her his name for the reservation. She scanned the list, finally seeing his name. She nodded, grabbed two menus, and told us to follow her.

    The young woman led us to a table for two set off slightly from the main hustle and bustle of the restaurant. Once we had ordered our drinks and meal, we fell to talking again. Soon, the subject turned to the showcase.

    "Have you started planning anything for the showcase?" When I gave a look of confusion, he shook his head. "Sorry. Sometimes I forget this is your first year at PAA. The showcase is in February and is an opportunity for everyone to show off their talents. You don't have to participate, but some teachers or branches offer extra credit for those who do. Not saying you need it." He quickly added with a smile. "But, it's always really fun to participate in."

    "Sounds fun! Have you planned anything yet?" I questioned, leaning my elbows on the table and placing my chin on my hands. He shrugged, biting his lip ever so slightly.

     "Not yet. I was hoping that maybe a certain someone would like to do a duet with me?" He winked at me again, and I let out a short laugh, my eyes crinkling.

    "Really? Me of all people?" Ein reached out and I moved one of my arms so my hand was wrapped in his. He squeezed it slightly, bringing it up to his lips and kissing the smooth skin on the back of my hand. I shuddered involuntarily, giving him another smile.

     "Of course you. You know, I've kinda had a thing for you ever since auditions." I laughed, squeezing his hand this time.

    "Honestly, same. You were so nice to me and really helped me with partnering in things I didn't understand. I don't think I ever said thank you for that." Now he smiled at me, a light smile that made my heart skip a beat.

     "So? You'll be my partner for the showcase?" I grinned, my fingers curling around his.

    "I would be delighted to be your partner. After all, what would people say if a girl refused to partner with her boyfriend?" I blushed as soon as the words left my lips, but he laughed, holding my hand all the tighter.