Aaron and Aphmau

**Aphmau's POV**

    I have no idea how much time has passed since that terrible day, and honestly, I didn't care. My days were mostly sleeping and eating and sitting in the dark of my bedroom, trying not to see those terrible words again.

    That's what I was doing right now. I was lying on the bed, staring at the stars above my head and desperately trying to empty my mind. My phone was balanced on my chest, some broken part of me desperately hoping that a certain someone would think to call after days of silence on my end.

    Almost as if hearing my plea, my phone vibrated ever so slightly, sending a chill down my spine. I immediately picked it up, the brightness already all the way down. The ghost of a smile brushed over my lips as I took in the sender ID.

Ein
Hey love. I haven't heard from
you in a while. Everything ok?

    I sighed, closing my eyes briefly, sorting through words and phrases that would seem the least pathetic.

Yeah, I'm just dealing with
a lot of personal problems

    I sighed again, watching as the text bubble appeared in the bottom left. Part of me wanted him to leave me alone to mope. Another part hoped he would offer to talk and give me a chance to get all of my tangled up feelings out.

Ein
That sucks. Let me know when
you have some free time and
we can get together, alright love?

    I texted him back affirmatively before throwing my phone across the room, the sound of it slamming against my backpack reverberating throughout the small bedroom. I was glad he had reached out and I was glad he was giving me room, but right now... I just wanted to talk with someone who wouldn't pity me for what had happened.

    Tears started burning the corners of my eyes and I cursed, scrubbing at my face with the heels of my hands. Why can't I just ignore what they said? Nothing's ever gotten to me this badly before, not even my fight with Dad. So why this?!

    Before my thoughts could verge on dangerous territory, there was a knock at my door. I waited for Katelyn or Dottie to come in, but the solid wood didn't move an inch. Instead, a familiar voice called through.

    "Hey, Aph. Can I come in?" The sound of my best friend standing on the other side of the door was suddenly too much for me to bear. I fell back on my pillows, the stars on the ceiling blurring together.

    "Not in the mood, Aaron." I tried to keep my voice from shaking, but he's known me for so long. I was almost positive that he could tell exactly how I was feeling.

    There were a few moments of silence where I heard the front door open and close. I figured that Aaron had left, but a few moments after I heard someone sigh right outside my room. "Aph, please let me in. I need to talk with you, and I'm not leaving until you do."

    Why can't he tell that I just want to be left alone?! "What could possibly be so important that you had to come in person to talk to me about?" I snapped, sitting up in a single movement and glaring at the door. "I told you to go away, so go away."

    To my eternal annoyance, Aaron had the audacity to chuckle. "There's the Aph we've all been missing. Now can I come in?" I growled, my previous sadness replaced with annoyance at Aaron. "I'm going to take that as a yes."