Chapter Six: Party

Thank you everybody for reading this!

Danny's POV

The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and-- Nah! The sky was gloomy, the streets were noisy, and I woke up from my (for once) peaceful sleep (which rarely ever comes) by my neighbors' unnecessary yelling.  Yup, that's more like it But hey, I ain't complaining. It's Gotham after all.

I let out a giant yawn. I may be half-ghost, but I'm still half-human. And even if I don't need much sleep, I still need some of it.

It's been two days since Penn told me about the whole "Adopting A Child" situation, and I think everything has been running smoothly. Penn told me how he and his wife couldn't have a baby no matter how many times they tried (eww) and so that's why they plan on adopting. His wife and him had a mutual discussion, and they both agreed to get a girl no older then twelve. *Cough* Mrs. Quill made him *cough* *cough*.

I wake up laying my head on my work desk. I worked most of the night (until I passed out from exhaustion) and found some capabilities of the Phantom Fluid. like how when liquid sulfuric acid touches it, it makes a chemical reaction and explodes (learned that the hard way). But both liquids completely evaporate. But it only reacts when it comes in direct contact, so I don't explode if I touch it. But also, it only reacts when the acid overcomes it. For example, when equal amount of sulfuric acid and my blood meet, there is no reaction. When there is a smaller amount of sulfuric acid comes in contact with a larger some of my blood, my blood will completely get rid of it, like bad bacteria in a body. But if there's more sulfuric acid then my blood, that's when it explodes.

Another thing also, it immediately kills plants when it comes in contact with them. So note to self, never dump some Phantom Fluid into soil, or a large amount of sulfuric acid.

One more thing, Phantom Fluid completely rejects ash. And no, I'm not talking about Ash Ketchum. I'm talking about the the powdery black thing left over from something burning. And when I say reject, I mean reject. It moves way from it, it is completely repelled by it. Imagine a river of Phantom Fluid, let's say I through a hand full of ash into the river. Before it even touches the Fluid, the Fluid moves and goes around it, not even touching it. So basically there little gaps in the river because the Fluid does not want to touch it. Somehow, this only works with my blood, not regular ectoplasm.

It was another work day, but work only started at 1:45 PM. And it's only... 9:56 AM. Yah, I can tell time without a watch. Clocky's told me to always make my internal clock the same with an actual clock. But, of course, I'm a bit off sometimes. I checked the actual time on my phone. 9:45 AM. Not too off.

I planned to take a small troll around the city of Gotham before I go to work. You know, to get use to my surroundings. I'm still kinda new. But before any of this, I got to take cold shower.

*A few Minutes Later*

I was finally ready. I was wearing black jeans, gray boots, a shirt that said 'I put the "Dying" in "Studying"  '. And to top it all of, a galaxy beanie beanie. Before I go and get out, I take a piece of sage, which I grow near the window, and stuff it in my pocket. I heard in the magic community (I mostly know of it because of the Old Clock is part of it) that sage can be used as some kind of magic protection charm. It can be overpowered at some times though. The whole reason I was bringing it was, well, because I was exploring Gotham. Gotham is a pretty dangerous city on it's own because, you know, there is a bunch of lunatics running around, you just never know if one of those lunatics just so happen to be a magical lunatic.

 I head out the door, thankful that a large amount of packages wasn't blocking it, and quickly lock it afterwards.

I went and walked aimlessly without any sense on where I was going. I just know I was heading straight. And that if I was lost, I'd use the GPS  have on my phone, which i brought.

I mainly just walked. But I felt as if something was watching me. It's probably Tick-Tock watching over me. But, in some way, this felt different...

I ignored it and just wandered around.  My mind started to drift off with the thoughts f the Ghost Zone.

I wondered how Ember was, she was my bestest friend in the Ghost Zone. We would have jam sessions together. She also got me to learn piano, guitar, and drums. I missed my afternoon tea with Princess, I guess queen now, Dorathea. She'd talk about how her queendom  I missed the knight training from Fright Knight. Ever since he found out Queen Dora, Dorathea, knighted me, which she did, he took it upon himself to  get me to be and act like a proper knight. You know, with all those sword stances and good reflexes. I hate to say it, but he helped me improve a lot.

I don't know what, but I heard something running towards me. Not only that, this person was shouting my name. I didn't know who it was, so I got defensive.

As soon as the person got close enough, I side stepped and tripped him/ or her. Before they fell completely, I grabbed hold of the back of their shirt and pulled them up to see their face. To my surprise it was Aster.

"Aster! What were you doing?" I questioned. It wasn't normal for another human being to run at someone. Then again, this Aster we're talking about. I quickly let him go, though he stumbled a bit when I did.

"Hey Danny! Nice reflexes, man. I saw you, and I just had to show you this!" He exclaimed cheerfully. He pushed a price of paper into my hand.

"Paper Street Costume Party!"

2021 W. Paper Street

Come to the Paper Street Costume Party! The best costume will receive $100 and a $50 gift card to Phil's Costume Emporium! Only $5 for entree. No costume, no entree!

On the full moon in July!

"We have to go!" Aster excitedly said after I finished reading the paper.

"Nope! Sorry, I don't do parties. Their loud, obnoxious, and quite irritating." I told him. I may have liked parties back then, but in the Ghost Zone, if you ignore the annoying ghosts, it's quite peaceful. Afternoon tea with Dora, doesn't that sound so peaceful? Not to mention when Ember taught how to play piano. If you look past her rock star personality, you'll see the girl who just wanted to rock the music world.  But just imagine listening to Frederic Choppin's Etude Op. 10 no. 4, it's just so calming.

"Come on, Danny! I know you're busy with you jobs, taking care of your owl, and trying to get free from your parents hold, but please! Do it for me!" Aster pleaded. Um, I kinda told him that my parents were super strict so I left but they keep trying to get a hold of me. It was a pretty good lie, if I say so myself.

I thought about it. It was currently July, the full moon was about in a week or so. $100 isn't much if your friends with a queen. But no normal person wouldn't try take up the offer. But some people may not be in the mood for such things. hmmm. I'll just put it up for consideration.

"Fine. I'll think about it. But don't be disappointed if I don't come." I said. His eyes seemed to gleam as he nodded his head for a yes. He quickly ran off and I just sighed. How was I friends with him in the first place.

I continued to walk. But I still couldn't shake off the feeling that I was being watched...

________________________________________________

Now who would be following young Daniel?

<<Bat Fact>>

For a period of time, Batman gained god-level power because he sat on the Mobius  Chair.