Chapter 10: Simply Cliche

Danny's POV

After five grueling hours of taking care of needy patients, I was able to get going. Really, patients are very needy! One time, I read an online review on the clinic. It said, and I quote, "The service wasn't quick enough and it didn't have a good atmosphere.-TrulyDevistating45" Why would any one care about 'atmosphere'!?!

Throughout my entire work, I was thinking on how to explain to Ember about my blood experiments. It went as far as stress eating. I ate every snack I packed before it was 5 pm.

"Danny!" Doc called for me before I went out of door. A I looked behind me, a red envelope was being handed to me by Quill.

I look at him with confusion. 

"It's your paycheck!" He said. I happily take the envelope from his hands.

"Thanks!" I smiled at him. To which he gave a smile in return.

Some people must be wondering, "If you're friends with a queen that has infinite riches, why do you need a job?" Well, I don't want to mooch off Dorathea for so long. Sure, I still have that priceless diamond ring. And the ruby necklace. But those were gifts, I would never give 'em up! But I also have that $50,000 she gave me... Nevertheless, I need to have my own life! Besides, having two jobs and online schooling, along with some human interaction, really fills up my day! If I didn't have a job, then I would just be sitting around on my couch.

"You know, you really shouldn't be walking home in a city like Gotham." He told me in a concerned voice.

I simply laugh. "Doc, you tell me that every night!  And I've only worked for two weeks!" Nothing's happened so far, so why would I worry now? I left at that moment, with the envelope in hand.

Wile I was walking, I had this crazy idea of taking a shortcut through a dimly-lighted ally. From all of my calculations, it would quicken my way to my apartment by six minutes.

Now, you'd think I'd end up safely home, 'cause the non-cliche way. But instead, it went to the entirely cliche way. which was getting surprised by being surrounded by a trio of thugs.

Their looks was also very cliche. They all looked buff and muscle-y. They had brown shirts, black pants, and ski-masks covering their faces. I let out an internal sigh, my life was like one giant cliche!

"What ch'ya got there, kid?" The middle one asked in a gruff voice. I better just name them. The left one's Luis, the right one's Roberto, and the middle one's... Maurice.

"Just my paycheck." I say, looking bored out of my mind. The thieves looked at each other with knowing grins. I think they thought that they just scored a sucker. And not the dum dum sucker in my pocket. But little do they know their trying to steal from a guy who was brutally trained by a Halloween knight, self trained in hand-to-hand combat, and had a black-belt as a mom! And we can't forget that I have powers, can we?

"Why don't you give that to us, kid? If you do, we won't hurt you... That much!" Luis said. The trio burst into laughter. I smirk, this was the time to catch them off guard. I get into my fighting stance. One that I worked on myself for the past four years. I was getting ready to throw a punch at Roberto, when, suddenly, one flew into to air from a... grappling hook?

I look up into the roofs and see Batman and Robin standing there! I quickly get out of battle stance. I know I can't trust these two. By accident, I slipped on a puddle of water and landed backwards into the ground. I groaned at the pain.

Roberto seemed to be wrapped by the waist with the grappling hook. Robin swooped down and made a soft landing... on Maurice's face. Maurice held his bleeding nose.

"YOU'LL PAY!" He yelled, heading straight towards the Boy Wonder. Robin simply side stepped and Maurice went face first into the wall.

I was pretty happy I was the civilian instead of the hero in this scenario. Though my hero complex keeps on telling to get into the fight, I already know these two will handle it. It's pretty cool being the victim. Watching all the action from the side lines.

But, suddenly, I was pushed out of the side lines by Luis, who was holding a knife to my throat.

By his time, Batman was also on the ground with Boy Wonder.

"Don't take another step, or I'll kill him," Luis threatened, "Now just let me go, and the boy goes free." I internally roll my eyes. But to go along with my 'helpless civilian' act, I made my face show as if I was terrified.

Batman took cautious steps backwards. Luis made a run for it. The moment I was released, I reached for something in my jacket pocket. A taser. Batman looked like he was going to run at him and attack, but I beat him to it.

As he ran, I shot my taser, which, in return, successfully immobilizing him.

This taser was no normal one. It's able to extend at least 300 yards away from target. Though it doesn't really shock them, it sends specific waves of energy that completely knocks out the thing it's attached to.  It's successfully powered by the balanced energy of Phantom Fluid. I call it the Fenton Dozer Disposer!  There's also its counterpart: the Fenton No-Sleeper Reaper! It's a bit self-explanatory.

Looked back at my two 'saviors'. Batman held a suspicious, calculating gaze on me. Robin looked as if he was studying a new specimen at me. A few seconds past.

I spoke first. "Hey, thanks. I would definitely been beaten up if you guys didn't show up!" I let out a few nervous chuckles, and rub the back of  my neck. I tried to make my lie as less noticeable as possible.

"It's what we do!" Robin replied. Batman just nodded. I could here a few police sirens faintly. At that moment, Batman aimed for a roof and shot his grappling gun (he had another one apparently). Robin soon followed. I had no idea how the they told the police so quickly, but they are  the dynamic duo.

I looked back and forth. I know the police aren't after me, just the thugs.  But if those two officers I 'attacked' were with them, they might notice how I look a bit similar to Phantom. One thing would lead to another, and I'd end up in the experiment table of the GiW! That could just be me getting paranoid, but I think it's just cautious thinking.

I ran the rest of the way to my apartment.

________________________________________________

I wasn't as lazy as last time. I worked kinda hard on this for the week. Just remember this isn't the only time Danny meets the dynamic duo.

Y'all probably wondering why there's not definite story line yet, or that none of super-villains yet. But just wait, all will be revealed in due time. Every part so far is essential to the future. Everything that seems useless in this story so far will be more important than you think!

<<Bat Fact>>

Batman has a contingency plan for every Justice League member in case they turn evil.