Chapter 22: Realization

I want to be honest with you guys, I'm loosing slight inspiration (ONLY SLIGHTLY) on this story. It's not because I don't like Danny Phantom as much, it's just that my ideas are like mood swings.  They come and go. But be valiant, I will continue this for you guys, whoever is still reading this mess of a fanfic! I'll do my best to continue! I swear by my love of Danny Phantom that I'll complete this to it's fullest!

Danny POV

"Hey! Let go of the Dipstick!" I figure shouted from another roof. Quickly it jumped onto our roof, revealing exactly who it was.

I'd recognize that ethereal slight-blue colored skin and glowing fiery blue hair (which was peaking from under a hood) anywhere, it was Ember without that stupid disguise ring. She wasn't wearing my hoodie or my pants, as far as I can tell. It was hard to see in the dark, where only the lights of the streets can provide any sort of light at this moment. Not only that, it looks as if she took my extra cloak and... cropped it?

"Ashes!" A nickname I had for her. "What are ya doin' here! You should be back home thinking of what you've done!" I shouted. I know I sounded a bit like a dad, but she really should be thinking of what she's done.

"Geez!" she yelled back. "I'm here savin' your butt and this is how you repay me?"

I was about to retort, but Batman oh so rudely interrupted me.

"Who are you?" I rolled my eyes, already knowing he was probably sending one of those glares at her. I admit, those glares are very terrifying. But I've seen many things that can rival against a simple glare. Though, I have to admit, if I never became ghost, it be terrified of that glare. But I'll never actually admit it to people. Remember, ghosts are braggarts.

"I'm here to save that idiot of a boy from capture." She answered. And in one swift swoop, she had swiped me from Batman's clutches. Though, those cuffs were still very tightly secured on my wrists.

"Now, usually I wouldn't hit a girl, but I'll make an exception for you." Robin stalked towards us, readying a punch at her.

Seemingly only in a second, she threw two small looking objects at both of them. It was hard to see, and all I could see was a green blur. Both of them caught reflexively, and both took a quick look at the item.

Somehow, by some miraculous power, Ember slipped us both to the floor below us in that small span of time. And, as doing so, the handcuffs had slipped off, being left on the floor of the roof. As soon as we landed on the floor, I yanked myself from Ember's grip and rubbed my wrists a bit, aching a tad from the handcuffs.

"What? No thank you?" I glare at her statement. I had the situation under control, I could very well do the very same things she had did moments ago without her.

"Come on, Betwixt!" She whined. "You know I had no choice. I admit, it was a bit extreme, but can you possibly blame me!" She had wrong. I had very possibility to blame her. I can't forgive her.

"Let's move." I grumbled, not wanting to stay this close to where the Bat, who I assume will track me down. She rolled her eyes as I grabbed her wrist, slightly wincing from the aching pain of my own, and we soon disappear in flurry of black.

Robin's POV

This Ashes character, who felt oddly familiar, threw something at me. Reflexively, I stretched my hand to catch it. It gave it a slight peak. A tiny plastic frog, that's what it was. As soon as I look back they were both gone, the only remnant left was the pair of handcuffs that Batman had placed around Phantom's wrists. One thing was for sure; at least one of them had some sort of magic. Though, it could be also a futuristic device. Never mind, it wasn't for sure.

Bruce lifted his hand, tapping at his arm. It was just another gadget of his. He walked to the handcuffs, fiddling with it until it produced a vile of glowing green liquid.

"What's that?" Wonder filling my voice.

"The handcuffs took a sample of Phantom's blood. I'll have to take it back to the cave to further analyze it. I trust that you can finish patrol, only at least a half hours worth is left anyways." Bruce didn't bother to look up from his little gadget.

"Sure" Not like I had plans or anything.

I had the slightest feeling like there was something familiar about Ashes... Like something was biting me in the back of my mind. Maybe the voice? Or the things she said?

Maybe it'll come back to me later.

Ember's POV

We teleported back to the living room, with the ever so torn couch. One day, we'll get around to actually replacing it. Danny, unsurprisingly, immediately let go of me, setting himself on the couch. A frown placed in his face.

I saw him wince a bit as he rubbed his wrists, there was a small prick on is arm as far as I could tell. "Dang Batman, why does his cuffs have to be so sharp." I heard him mumble beneath his breath. If I wasn't good at hearing, I wouldn't have even noticed he had said that.

"How about I get you a band-aid for ya?" I offered, though I didn't bother for him to wait for an answer. I was already making my way to the kitchen, where the band-aids where stored. It was odd to place them there in my opinion, why not the bathroom or even your bedroom? But I do remember Danny being the clumsiest when he cooks.

I retrieved the band-aids and marched my way back to the living room. Just as I took my first few steps, Spooky swoops down! Me, being the smart person I am, jerked my hands back, not wanting a repeat of last time. Her almost biting my fingers off.

The box of band-aids falls to the floor. Spooks makes a landing on top of the box, and digs her head into it. 'What on earth is this birdbrain doing?'

She retracts her head, a band-aid clearly in her beak. She snaps her head to me, I swear I saw her glare at me! The next moment, she takes flight once more.

"Flippin' bird." I mutter as I gather the few scattered band-aids on the floor. I finally made my back to the living room, only to see that owl on his shoulders and a band-aid on his wrist.

That's where I noticed it, the purest connection I've ever seen. This owl was protective of Danny, Spooky only cared about him. And Danny cared about Spooky as much as she did, maybe even more. I didn't know such a lovely connection could be made in the matter of weeks they lived together, but there it was. Right in front of me, a bond of trust. It's been so long since I've seen Danny trust anything.

I started to feel bad. I felt bad before, but now I felt worse. All Betwixt was doing was worrying about something--no, someone that he truly cared about. I just waved it away, as if it was nothing more than dust. I locked his owl in the bathroom. I did that because of my own selfish want. I was waiting for all of this to blow over, but I know now that it simply won't be like that/

I could have actually tried to take care of the owl. When he left it alone with me the first time, I watched TV for hours. I think I forgot to feed it--her. Ugh, I feel guilty now.

And I know I have to apologize to him. But will he really forgive me? I basically locked up his loved one. And even if he forgives me, will he ever trust me again?

I took one more look at them; Spooky's wings were wrapped around Danny's hand as if she was hugging it.

I really do flippin suck.

__________________________________________________________

I've I want to get into another fandom. I've been in the Danny Phantom fandom for about... two years. I've read almost every fanfic on him, except for those... other kinds of fanfic, I'm constantly checking FanFiction.net to see if any sort of Danny Phantom Fanfic on him (even all the crossovers) and I want to feel how I felt when I first entered the Phantom Fandom. The amazing feeling of seeing all sorts of fanfics at your disposal, reading them all lightning fast, and then reading all the crossovers on them. I want to get into another Fandom.