The Second Christmas Special P-1

YOOOOOOOOOO! Couldn't complete everything today, I'll hopefully finish during December. Enjoy! I made it extra long just for you guys. I actually put story.

Danny's PoV

"Fa~la~la~la~la, la la la la!" Ember sang as she put Christmas decoration up around the apartment. I huffed as I slouched on the armchair next to the couch.  She was always way more into the festivities than me.

Ember had left for the Ghost Zone five months ago, but she's decided to crash at my place for the Christmas. It was pretty lucky that I was able to set up that portal at- wait, that would be spoiling, wouldn't it be?

"Come on, 'Twixt," Ember urged, "Why don't ya join in on the Christmas spirit?" She was always the jolliest on the week of Christmas. And if her constant blabbering was correct, it was four days 'till Christmas.

"Bah humbug," I huffed once again and slouching even more in my seat. I was wearing a nice knitted snowman sweater, mostly because Desiree forced Ember to force me to wear it. Still, I saw Christmas as a taunt since it was the time to spend time with 'your friends and family.'

I bought Christmas presents for everybody ages ago, to get everything cheaper and all. I got Ember a pair of spiked boots and a whole pack of eyeliner, which laid underneath the Christmas tree that Ember set up, in a nice blue bag. Aster got a novelty trainset and the entire series of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and his sister a new plaid phone case and some anime keychain (Kill la Kill or something). And lastly, I got Dr. Quil a brand new stethoscope and a mug that said 'GENIUS' using the symbols of the periodic table. Oh, I completely forgot Dick. I got Dick some nunchucks since he loved ninjas and all.

"Come on!" She yelled in her most jolly sounding voice. "This is the first I'll have Christmas outside the Zone and I want it to be the most specialist week ever! Now come on, we gotta go outside and meet Aster at 4 pm sharp to play in the snow! It's already a quarter to 4 and we're not out of the door anymore!" I quickly snagged my bag from the side, and so did Ember. Except she actually snagged two bags instead of one.

By 'playing in the snow', as she so elegantly put it, she meant we were all going to this snow resort thing. It had great reviews, admission was only twenty dollars each, and we were 'of age'. You can only get to the resort if you were 18 and under, luckily I was exactly 18 meaning I fit in the age line. Ember was much much older, but she was technically 16. I didn't know why an age line was set, but it was cheap, great, and looked overall nice on the pamphlet You're supposed to spend two nights and then you go back.

Ember was wearing a nice, fluffy snow jacket, beanie on her ashy-hair, thick gloves on her fingers, a thick pair of jeans, a scarf, a fire-themed mouth mask, and a pair of earmuffs. She had a fire core, she didn't do well with the snow but she still loved it. I was just wearing my simple sweater, jeans, boots, and a red and blue scarf.

Ember started to drag me out of the door, as per usual, and until we made it to the point of No Return, which was basically when we get two yards from the house and I have to commit to it.

I looked around and saw snow galore, especially on the road. The road didn't seem to salted yet, and that meant one thing: I can walk through the road without completely thinking I'd be run over. I heard children playing with the snow to my right as all noise seemed nonexistent while Ember explains how hard good Christmas rock music was hard to come by.

I knew that, no matter how hard I'd struggle, if Ember grasped your hand there was no way for you to be let go on your own accord.  I simply let my mind wander while Ember basically walked for me.

Before I knew it, we were at front of the Kestrel Cafe and a quite cold looking Aster was inside. He was wearing a pretty thick looking red snow jacket, big snow boots,  fluffy gloves, and snow goggles. He basically looked colder than a mole rat in the winter standing on the ice. Even though he was inside, he was shivering.