Part 2

I sat at the desk in silence, thinking of the many things that they could do while I was in here. The possibilities were endless, to the point where I didn't know where to start. Parts of me was scared of everything, wanting just to make an excuse to leave, then make a run for it. But that would just make the situation even worse. I was already in too much trouble as it is. Plus, I don't think Lindo knew about this yet. If he found out, I would be dead for sure, so I decided to behave and sit there. The room was silent, except for the flipping of pages from the front of the room. Rem was at his desk, going through files in behind. He cleared his voice every once in a while as he continued working. The rest of the committee sat at the big table in the middle of the room, doing their own thing. No one made a sound, waiting patently for this discussion to start. I was ready for it to start and be done with. Lindo was probably getting worried about me. I continued to look out the window, keeping a strait posture in my chair, as I looked out the window. It was a beautiful day outside. The sky was a bright blue, with white puffy clouds, drifting over the sky. The cars sat in the parking lot down below, still as can be, seeing how it was the middle of the day. The sun shined right down on them, making their shiny colors, brighten up the driveway, sparkling in the light. The tar had this almost invisiable gaze, that hovered over the pavement, just barely making out that it was there. The road sat on the other side of the parking lot, with cars of different shapes and colors, driving in and out of the view, as they continued with their day.

I sat in the desk in silence, as I watched the cars continue to drive out of the lot, going home for the night. I figured by the looks of the commotion in the parking lot, that it must've been the end of the day. Ritska was probably either heading home, or waiting for me to get out of this meeting, if Rem ever let's me go. I was in big trouble, and I didn't even know what I did wrong. I heard shifting at the desk in front, as Rem huffed in relief. "Alright, let's get this thing going, before anyone worries" he said, as he stood up, and started walking my way. The rest of the committee stopped what they were doing, and pulled all their attention on the discussion. Rem walked over to my desk , standing in front of me. I looked strait, but not up at him. Just strait, like I was ignoring the fact that he was there. At this point, I didn't want be there never mind tell him anything. Rem cleared his voice again as he spoke. "Ella, want to tell us why your here today?" he asked, breaking the silence. I didn't want to talk, even if he did say anything about being a devil or not. I just sat there in silence, as I looked back out the window, ignoreing his question.

I heard chuckling from the rest of the committee, as Rem huffed. "I guess she doesn't want to talk to ya Rem" the man in white, smiled with a chuckle. Rem ignored his comment, as he focused back on me. "Ella, please answer me when your asked something" he said, getting mad even more. I just took a deep breath, shifting in my seat. I didn't want to tell him anything, even if he asked about me knowing their secret. The man with long, blond hair leaned back in his chair as he smiled. "She's a difficult kid" he said with a smile. Rem huffed as he bent down towards me. "Better speak up kid, or it's just going to get worse" the same man said, in amusement. Rem grabbed my attention, as he spoke. "Speak now and we can leave this conversation on a good note" he said in a threatening tone to his voice. I huffed as I leaned back in my chair and I ignored him once more.

Rem got in my face, making me even more angry as before. "Still not going to speak" he asked, with yet again, another threatening tone to his voice. I just ignored him one more time, but I did turn to look at him. He huffed as he scooted closer. "I'll give you one more chance. Please speak up and answer me" he said, anger growing within his voice. Again, I didn't say anything, just staired at him in silence. Rem sighed as he knelt down in his spot. "We were told that you know something about us. Is that true?" he asked, trying to scare me even more. I stayed silent, but I ended up shrugging, to let them know they had my attention. "Don't know, all I know is that you work for the school" I said, finally speaking. Rem sighed in frustration, bending his head down to look at the floor. "Do you know the secret, of us being human?" he asked, with an angry tone to his voice. I smiled as I finally spoke. "Well I know that your not exactly human" I said, then thought about what I just said. I looked down in shock, as I still couldn't believe what had happened. "She speaks" the blond man yelled, as he jolted in a standing position, still in his spot. Rem straitened as he thought to himself, looking at me witn curiousity.

Rem staired down at me, with a creppy grin on his face. "So.. You knew all along that we weren't humans?" he asked. I knew he was trying to get me to break, and I was slowly. But still, I'm not giving in, not knowing what they would do. I huffed in frustration as I thought of how much trouble I was getting into. What will they do to me if I came out and straitly told them that they were devils. I didn't even though if that's what they were or not. "Again, not going to answer me?" he asked, anger filling his voice more. I couldn't help it, but give him a little grin. "Nope" I said, confidence grew within my voice. I needed to stop myself before I got into more trouble then I already was, but I couldn't get myself to do it. Rem huffed, still in frustration as he stood up. "Alright, let me ask you something, Ella. Do you believe in devils?" he asked, as he walked around me. My eyes instantly bulged out of my head, as I staired at the floor. They were catching on. I cupped my hands together, thinking on how to play it smart at this point. I huffed as I stayed silent, not wanting to speak anymore.

"I dunno" I said, silently looking at my hands. The footprints in the room stopped, as it all drew silent. I looked at my hand once more, silently gulping in my head because of fear. The footprints started back up as Rem circled around my seat around me. "Look me in the eye, Ella" he said as his hand was placed under my chin. He lifted it up so I could see him, face to face. I studied the green in his eyes, as they started to crystalize and turn a brighter teal. Just like the dream. I felt stuck in his gaze, not able to look away from them. I felt like I was in his control, like he was taking over the rest off my body, as I sat still. "Your... d..." I started to say, but Rem cutted me off by nodding. "Yes, were all devils" he said, adding a evil tone to his voice. I was speechless, not knowing what to do at this moment. They just figured out that I knew, and I was even in more trouble than before. Rem cracked a smile, as he looked at the time. "Wow, kept you longer than we needed to" he said, patting my shoulder and walking back to his desk. "Your free to go now. We're done here" he said, as I nodded. I got up from the desk and grabbed my bag, as I started walking out of the room. I opened the giant door as Rem stopped me for a brief moment. "Oh and Ella, don't tell anyone, especially your family. Your brother wouldn't want a disappearing sibling right now" he said, letting a creepy tone crawl in his voice. I turned around to face them, as I gulped in fear. Rem met my eyes, as he smiled again. "You're going to be watched, at school and outside as well" he said, finishing up the talk. I gulped again as I walked out, and shut the door.

I took a moment to sit there and leaned up against the door. "Well that was rough" a voice came from within the room. I heard Rem huff, movement sat down on the opposite side of the room. "Hopefully she doesn't try to run. We don't need to lose her" Rem's voice boomed in a relaxing tone. My eyes widened at the thought of what he said, about being watched, and now that he doesn't need to lose me. "What am I turning into, their pet or something?" I thought to myself as I looked at the door, and walked down the steps and out of the library. Ritska and Azuna was standing at the other side of the double doors. "Well that was long" Azuna said, sarcastically. I jolted by the sound of her voice. "I thought I was meeting you at home?" I asked them. Ritska smiled, like she was mocking me. "Lindo told us to find you, you didn't show up and he was getting worried" she explained. I sighed as I looked back at the doors."Your being watched" the voice inside my head, woke me out of my gaze. "I'm sorry, let's just go. This school is creeping me out" I said as I started to walk. I didn't feel safe at the moment, now that these devils were watching me. I walked a little quicker as we walked out of the school.