The Ants Go Marching

Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year OR the most hyped-up over commercialised time of the year? Who cares if you have some wonderful time to spend with the people who make you happy. I had a great dinner with my own family, ending in some amazing lovemaking with my boyfriends despite wanting to keep things 'PG' while my grams was there.

I think everyone knew, if the glances in my direction when I came down to see them off were anything to go by. Grams even told me to make sure to take my vitamins so I don't get sick from all the... ahem, exercise. I tried to laugh it off. Oh well, I was young and I am only going to live once. My dad just shook his head and said they couldn't stay for the night.

I had a busy week planned. Christmas eve was to be spent with my own family. Christmas day was over at the Baumann's house. Boxing day was spent shopping with friends. The next day was clean up at my house, since we didn't leave the decorations up for the New Years party my parents always held. Day after that was back to hanging with my boys. You get the picture.

I had not yet wrapped any of my gifts the day before Christmas so I had to do that for hours in preparation for the next day. I hoped everyone liked what I got them. I had even done all those extra chores over the summer to get more allowance to buy things, so my boys should be very proud of me. I was sleeping well, even with all the overthinking and teasing that had gone on over the last few months.

The holidays were a blur, like most things that are fleeting and full of movement. I can't pinpoint exactly what I did for most of the time, just slight memories of laughter and then sharp clear ones of the best moments. Like opening my gift from my boys, seeing the twisted metal of the ring made of two rings wrapped around each other and realising what it symbolized.

I cried at that of course. It was a promise ring, but it was something solid that I could keep with me. Mr. Baumann gave me a wink and I knew he must have had something to do with it too. The boys loved their sweatshirts and wore them all day. Mrs. Baumann made awesome food and acted like a teenager with her husband.

The other brothers gave me an awesome gift, Sam's card said "Sorry I'm an *sshole" and Dan's said "You give the best belly-rubs." It made me laugh anyways when I opened my new gaming console from them. Apology officially accepted! I gave them both hugs and I think I heard a sigh of relief when Gabe whispered that they were no longer banned from my presence.

I have to admit I was a little consumed playing my new game from their parents in the afternoon. They were nice enough to let me plug it in my new console to their television so I could get right on it. They even brought me cookies and snacks while I destroyed stuff. I drank at least three glasses of eggnog and I think they slipped some rum in it because I needed a nap before dinner.

When I woke up, the whole house smelled like stuffing and pie. My mouth was watering from the smells wafting from the kitchen. I got up and made my way through the house to the sounds of laughter in the living room. Sam was on the couch with a guy I hadn't met before. He introduced me to his boyfriend, Anish, and we shook hands politely.

He was one hot mother-f*cker. He had thick black hair, stony black eyes, heavily tanned skin, and a rumbling voice that screamed authority with a sexy accent. I would have been terrified to meet him in a back alley and it was strange to see Sam acting almost meek around him. I guess you can't really judge a book by its cover. Hopefully this guy would be good for him.

Dan was on the floor playing with a puzzle that Gabe had gotten him. He still hadn't figured it out yet. I walked over and gave him a scratch on his head before flopping on the other couch between my boys. They were arguing about who's turn it was to help set the table. I put up a hand to silence them and told them if they couldn't come to an agreement then they both had to go.