Chapter 1: The Betrayal

Hi everyone, so here I am with my very first story, months of planning and I am ready to dive into the first and shortest arc of the Betrayed Chronicles Series :)

Enjoy!

 OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

*Kanto; Indigo Plateau; Stadium*

The roar of the crowd could be heard, chanting the name of a person, "Ritchie! Ritchie! Ritchie!" The crowd continued to chant, just as the words of the man in a black and white checkered shirt said.

"Charizard refuses to battle, Pikachu wins! And so the winner is Ritchie Hiroshi, who will be moving on to the quarterfinals!" The ref yelled while pointing his flag over to a small yellow mouse Pokemon who had a small tuft of fur on its' head.

A raven-haired boy stood opposite to the Pikachu and it's trainer, Ritchie. He had a look of complete humiliation on his face. Beside him, his own Pikachu looked at him in worry. Just in front of the boy and his loyal electric type was a large orange lizard. It appeared to be taking a nap, not paying the roaring crowd that surrounded it, any attention. This was the boy's Charizard who appears to well.. Have been lazing about.

"Good match, Ash, although... what's with your Charizard? ... seems well... difficult," Ritchie said, walking over to the now identified Ash, with his Pikachu, Sparky, hopping onto his shoulder.

Ash finally snapped out of his stupor at Ritchie's words. "Yeah, great match, Ritchie, hope to battle you again someday and as for Charizard? I don't know.... He has been like this ever since he evolved into a Charmeleon...,"Ash trailed off.

Ritchie seemed to accept the answer and, with one last wave, turned around and headed out of the stadium.

Ash sighed and then lifted up Charizard's Pokeball, "Charizard.... Return," he said as he returned the winged lizard, who puffed some smoke from it's snout before being consumed by the red beam of the Pokeball. With Pikachu hopping onto his shoulder, he walked out of the stadium, in shame....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Kanto; Indigo Plateau; Pokemon Center*

Ash walked out of the Pokemon Center; after dropping off his team, but Pikachu, to Nurse Joy for healing. The shadow of the 10-year old's cap covered his eyes, a single tear falling down the side of his cheek. Pikachu looked at his friend and brother with concern and rubbed his cheek against him.

"Chuuuu...," the electric mouse said.

"I... I...I am fine Pikachu, just I guess... we just lost in such a embarrassing way, I guess I feel like I let you guys down...," the brown eyed boy said, grabbing the bill of his cap as he sat down next to a small lake by the woods of Indigo Plateau, the screams of the crowd from the stadium could be heard, along with explosions from the battle taking place in said stadium.

Pikachu looked surprised... he thought he let him down...? Ha! That is far from the truth, it was all Team Rocket's fault for tiring out the team before the match, Ash had no control over it. Plus he did better than most trainers in their first league run. I mean they did get farther than Gary.

"Pikapi, Pikachu, Pika Pika Chuka!" Pikachu squeaked to Ash.

"Really?... thanks Pikachu." Ash said, feeling a little better.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Kanto; Indigo Plateau; ???*

While Ash and Pikachu were talking by the lake, a certain group of people who knew him well, were on their way to see him, many would say to comfort and encourage him.... But that is far from the truth...