Chapter 9: Traitors and Allies - Interlude

Sorry for the long wait, I hit a writers block with this one. This chapter is a Interlude, we'll get back to Ash and co. next chapter.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Kanto Region; Cerulean City; Cerulean City Gym*

Misty Waterflower strode through the halls of her family gym, pissed off about something.

"That little brat, he STOLE my Togepi!" She screeched.

Misty had recently gone back to Indigo Plateau, intent on retrieving her Pokemon back and maybe if she was lucky, the Pokemon Ash had left there.

Of course things did not go as planned. Perhaps it was wishful thinking that Ash's Pokemon would still be there, but Togepi was gone too! Nurse Joy had mentioned the little Spike Ball Pokemon had gone with a young boy with black hair, a cap, and a Pikachu hanging on his shoulder.

It was no secret to Misty who the boy was.

Ash Ketchum. A boy who should be dead. Had taken her Pokemon.

Granted she hadn't caught the baby Pokemon yet, but the little guy saw HER as his surrogate parent, so Ash still kinda stole her Pokemon. At least in her mind.

As she traversed the hallways of her family's gym, Misty thought back to right before Ash's battle with Ritchie - when Professor Oak, Delia Ketchum, and a mysterious shadow man had appeared before her, asking for her aid in a plan of theirs.

A plan that involved a certain black haired trainer with a Pikachu on his shoulder.

The shadow man had explained exactly what he wanted, he wanted Ash's spirit crushed, he wanted the boy so beaten down that he could never crawl out of the hole he would inevitably dig for himself.

Misty had been... unsure at first.

But the man was so... convincing, assuring her that it was best for Ash to have never started his journey and that she would be rewarded handsomely if she complied. That had peaked the girl's interest. The man seemed to have noticed and continued to goad her until her inner greed took over and she finally agreed, with some pestering from Oak and Ash's own mother.

Misty hadn't looked back since, not even when she and the others had attempted to kill Ash, it had never occured to her narrow mind that she had basically tried to commit murder. And just for a 'reward of all rewards' like the man had said.

The temperamental redhead snapped out of her revelry when she reached the pool of the gym where all her Pokemon were hanging out.

Her original team: Staryu, Starmie, Psyduck, Horsea, and Goldeen.

Then there were some she got as a reward for her part in Ash's betrayal: A Milotic, Wingull, Ducklett, and a Popplio.

And one that she got right here in the gym where she stopped it from rampaging (and got over her fear of Gyarados): a recently evolved Gyarados.

The newly appointed sole leader of the Cerulean gym was also planning to travel around to catch some new water types to train, now that it was officially the Kantonian League seasonal break for all Pokemon gyms now that the Indigo league had just finished. She had the free time.

First stop would be the Orange Archipelago, maybe she could get her hands on a Lapras...

Misty was cut from her thoughts by her Pokemon who called to her. She looked at them and smiled. "Hey guys! I'm gonna be heading to the Orange Islands to catch some new teammates, now to decide who will be joining me..."