Chapter 3: On The Run

Hey-o everyone! Sorry for the (very) late update, life has really been mean. I have just been busy so I am sorry for that.

Anyway last chapter, Thunderr? sorry if that's not your name. Yes you are correct, they all were man-made (well not Deoxys really... but still).

But anyway, let's get on with the story.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Kanto; Indigo Plateau; Pokemon Center*

Ash had just finished putting his backpack on and then took a look in the mirror, there were still tears in his clothes, but Nurse Joy had washed any blood from them, so he still looked presentable.

Ash had woken up 2 hours ago, while he had some bandages that covered some of the more deep cuts, and they hurt like hell! He could still walk just fine. What confused him though was the fact that he knew for a fact that he should have been in much worse shape, but chose to ignore that for now.

"So guys, today is the day! I guess we'll be starting a whole new adventure! Just don't know where..." Ash trailed off as he had turned away from the mirror to his Pokemon.

Pikachu just shrugged and hopped onto Ash's shoulder. The 10 year old then proceeded to return his other Pokemon to their Pokeballs. That's when the boy noticed a certain Spike Ball Pokemon sitting on a chair with tears in his eyes, after hearing the story from Pikachu, coupled with the fact that Misty, AKA, his 'meema' pretty much abandoned him here...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Kanto; Pallet Town; Ketchum Residence*

"Wait a minute! I left Togepi at the Pokemon Center!" Said 'meema' hissed in realization.

Brock and Delia looked at her in pity, but Brock chose to say nothing as he feared her wrath. Delia on the other hand...

"It's ok, dear, we'll go and get Togepi back, just you wait, I am sure Nurse Joy has been looking after it." She said.

Misty nodded in thanks and returned to eating breakfast. Brock sighed with relief, but then said something he would soon regret.

"Phew. That was close, but what kind of trainer just forgets their own Pokemon? A BABY Pokemon no less, at a center?" Brock said, quietly, or what he had hoped was quietly. Misty though, had heard the squinty-eyed man's remark and grew a dark aura around her. Then proceeded to take out her mallet and give him a nice whack upside the head.... hard.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Kanto; Indigo Plateau; Pokemon Center*

Ash looked at Togepi in pity and decided to walk over to him.

The little Spike Ball Pokemon noticed him and looked up. "Togi..." he said, sadly.

Ash smiled sadly and said, "You know... if you want, you can come with me? I mean, Misty.... Might... not come back." Ash said reluctantly. Despite Ash's newfound hatred of her, Ash still felt uncomfortable in trying to turn a Pokemon - that was very loyal - against her... it made him feel like he was no better than her.

Togepi stared at the 10 year old and thought about it - even though he is a baby. Togepi thought about both Ash and Misty and also what he had heard from 'Uncle' Pikachu. He viewed Misty and Ash as his parents and to hear that she had betrayed him made him mad at her. Yeah, MAD at her. She shouldn't of done it and she had attacked them even.... Well Togepi didn't want in on it... so he chose Ash.

"Togi-Togi!" Togepi chirped.

Ash smiled and held out a Pokeball, I mean Misty never even caught him so it's not like he was really hers. The Spike Ball Pokemon tapped the ball and was sucked in, it was an instant capture.