Chapter 7: Enter Tracey and Lapras?! New Friends?

Here we go, the adventure finally begins. It doesn't go quite like the episode though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Orange Islands; Valencia Island; Professor Ivy's Lab; Ash's room*

Ash slowly opened his eyes and found himself blinded by sunlight coming through the curtains of the room. That prompted the trainer to sit up and stretch while yawning. Ash slowly looked around and noticed Pikachu and Mew were gone, Togepi was still curled in on himself, still asleep.

Ash shook the Spike Ball Pokemon awake and got out of bed to get ready for the day.

*1 hour later*

Ash put his hat on his freshly showered head and then his green backpack before Togepi hopped onto his left shoulder, it was then Ash noticed a cherry red Pokeball sitting on his bed.

Ash picked the ball up and that's when the capture device opened. The energy inside the Pokeball materialized into a small pink cat.

Mew.

Ash and the legendary stared at each other for a few seconds before...

"What the?!"

Mew giggled. 'What, silly? Someone's gotta look after you!'

"Did you really capture yourself in this weird Pokeball?"

'It's called a Cherish Ball and yeah, I did, I wanted to join you!'

Togepi was watching the exchange, thoroughly amused.

Ash though was shocked, sure the legendary Pokemon had helped him, but join his team? He wasn't worthy of such an honor!

'Don't think that way! You ARE worthy of being my trainer.... Just don't use me against any rookies, that wouldn't be fair. Also, as a legendary, I do have duties to the world, so if you could let me come and go as I please, that would be great.'

Ash nodded immediately. He would never force her to travel with him, she was her own being, she was a friend, not a slave!

'Great, now let's go get some food!' Mew smiled.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Orange Islands; Valencia Island; Professor Ivy's Lab; Ivy's Kitchen*

Breakfast was just cereal.

Since Ivy couldn't cook and Allena said there wasn't anything for her to use to make something better. Ivy had apologized for that and said her assistants were in town getting groceries. But they were surely taking their sweet time! They left yesterday.

Ash finished breakfast and then raced out back with Togepi and Mew disguised as a Spearow again.

He saw Pikachu chatting away with Allena's Aerodactyl, Ash's other Pokemon were also there, talking with various other Pokemon that lived there, including Allena's.

Ash took notice of the 2 Charizard eyeing each other distastefully. He hoped they didn't start another fight. A strange blue and black furred Pokemon took notice as well and began eyeing them carefully.

Ash pulled out his Pokedex to scan it, but it came up as 'No Data' again. "I need to get this thing updated." He muttered.

"Oh, I can do that for you."

Ash jumped and turned around to see Ivy standing in the doorway.

"What?"

"I can update your Pokedex to give you information on Pokemon outside of Kanto."