Chapter 10: Fit To Be Tide

This chapter was a workout! It's really long sorry! Though finally Ash challenges a gym.

Oh and the recent episodes of the SM anime. Ash FINALLY won a league, yay! Although, it would have been better if they all had full teams! Well at least the SM anime is better than BW. Naganadel came back too! What a twist, didn't see that coming!

Sirfetch'd.... I need it.

Ash has come a long way , hasn't he?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Orange Islands; Mikan Island; the Beach*

Lapras cooed loudly as she swam into shore to let off her passengers. When they leapt off her shell, she collapsed into the sand for a well deserved rest.

They had been traveling to Mikan Island for a whole week (AN: It's been 2 weeks since the betrayal) and had stopped at a couple deserted islands for some hardcore training to prepare Ash for his first true battle since the betrayal.

Ash had merely asked Allena for some advice but that was it, he never even attempted to make small talk with the blonde girl and Tracey.

Ash allowed them to travel with him yes, but that's just it, they weren't friends, they weren't friends. Allena was just knowledgeable about Pokemon and training, she was a veteran and as for Tracey.... Sometimes Ash felt like he was too nice.

Ash shook himself from his thoughts and returned his tired Lapras. The boy then turned to Allena, who had some sort of device out.

"So... this is Mikan Island?" He asked carefully.

Allena looked up from the device and nodded. Aero was perched on her shoulder, picking at his teeth.

"Yes, it says so on my map." Ash nodded.

Tracey took that moment to comment.

"So, the gym?"

Ash nodded, "Yeah."

Pikachu sparked his cheeks to show his readiness for a fight. And the mouse meant more than just the gym battle.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Meanwhile in the ocean*

A periscope pops up from the big blue, seemingly spying on Ash and company. The perpetrator appears to be an abnormally large Magikarp.

"Hahahahahah!" A feminine voice cackled.

A submarine shaped like a Magikarp.

"We're still on the Twerp and Pikachu's trail!" Jessie exclaimed.

Her lavender haired companion though was slumped over his pedaling equipment, utterly exhausted. "I'm pooped!"

"Meowth too...." Their feline cohort consented.

The 2 stopped pedaling their sub and with only Jessie doing all the work, no wonder the contraption ended up sinking.

"Ah! We're sinking, Arceus dammit, you fools!"

The angry pink haired woman smacked both James and Meowth with a fan she 'magically' pulled from somewhere. "Get off your lazy laurels and. Keep. Pedaling!"

"But Jessie, we've been pedaling all day." James complained. Meowth was panting in the background.

"Well the boss isn't happy with us and unless we actually bring him something worthwhile, he'll kick us out!"

"What? He can't do that, I'm indispensable!"

"Sure, what eva' ya say Jimmy-Boy..."

That spurred both males on, with Meowth adding, "We gotta get ourselves some rare Pokemon or the boss will give us da boot!"