chapter 25

The trees and streets, the sky and the clouds all blended together into a mixture of colours as we were driving in the car. We drove for two hours and it was already dark outside. I saw the reflection of myself in the window and then continued to watch the blurry and dark landscape. It was a silent and chilly night, no stars were seen in the sky and the only thing we heard was the light wind and the cars that were driving past us.

"(Y/N)?", Jungkook suddenly spoke up, eyes averted to the street. In the darkness his eyes seemed mesmerizing and fascinating, they were kind of shiny.

"Yes?", I asked, my voice sounding deeper since I was talking quieter than normal.

"Thank you, okay? I want to make sure that you know that I honestly appreciate your help so much. I don't know what to do but I hope you will make it easier for me because I am different when I'm around you. I feel better, I don't feel like there's chaos inside of me but I also don't feel as empty anymore, thanks to you...", Jungkook's voice got deeper and raspy, making my hairs stand up. He nervously moved his free hand on his right thigh, rubbing it as if his hand was sweating.

Without hesitating, I took his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers and caressing over the back of his hand with my thumb gently.

Seeing that, Jungkook couldn't hold back a soft, little smile as he lifted our hands up, bringing them near his face.

The next thing caught me by surprise as he placed a sweet little kiss on the back of my hand. But me being me, I couldn't react and just blushed, continuing to hold his hand though.

Jungkook just chuckled softly at that and put our hands on his thigh for comfort.

An hour later we arrived at his grandma's house, it was pretty big for somebody to live alone. Well earlier she always had Jungkook there, but he was still a kid back then.

Jungkook took our bags and carried them to the doorstep, I followed him. In Busan the weather was a little better than back home. It was warmer and the wind gently brushed past us. 

Soon after, he opened the door, letting me go in first and following me with the bags. The house looked modern but still very warm and comfy. 

"Give me your jacket", Jungkook smiled, his hand stretched out.

"Oh, of course", I quickly got out of my jacket and handed it over before taking off my boots. I followed him into the kitchen, which was nice and small.

"You must be hungry", Jungkook frowned, scratching the back of his head. 

"We only have bread now, we'll have to go grocery shopping tomorrow morning, I'll do that", he hurried up to explain.

"It's totally fine, bread is good. Let's eat, you must be tired."

He nodded and took out the bread from a drawer and placed it on the table.

"Where are the plates?", I asked, wanting to help and not just sit around there watching him do everything.

"Right there", he pointed to a cupboard next to me. We laid the table with things we needed and started eating quietly.

"Oh shit I was hungry", Jungkook laughed after finishing his fifth slice of bread.

"Me too", I chuckled and for once that night, the mood was brighter, lighter and more comfortable. 

We continued to eat and then talked about our plan for the next day.

"So that's it. I am going grocery shopping in the morning, you can sleep longer if you want to...", Jungkook trailed off.

"Then I can make some porridge which we'll take to the hospital", I continued what he wanted to say.

"Okay, okay", Jungkook agreed, "let's go to sleep now, I'm exhausted."

We went upstairs witgh our bags and Jungkook led me to a guest room with two beds in it. They were on the opposite side of the room each.

Jungkook went into the bathroom first to wash up and everything while I unpacked some clothing for the next day already. As I looked around in the guest room I spotted a drawer with pictures on it.

I got up and walked over to it. There were many framed photos all over the drawer.

As I got closer I noticed that all of these must've been Jungkook and his grams when they were younger.

The first one was a little boy with a huge bunny-like smile, grinning into the camera while hugging his grandma who looked just as happy. It was probably his first day of school.

Another picture was him on a swing, smiling proudly again, a tooth missing, while his grandma was pushing the swing.

Jungkook still has the same cute bunny smile he had as a Little child, only that he has grown his teeth now completely.

There were also a few framed drawings. One of them was with two people on it, holding hands and having a big smile on their faces. The sun was shining from the corner of the picture and the two people who I assumed were Jungkook and his grandma, were standing next to a house which had the same colour as the house I was standing in.

From Jungie

To Grams

That was written in a cute, scrawly handwriting at the bottom of the picture. It made me smile, it made me happy and it made me sad. Because Jungkook had to let go of his past.

"What are you loo- oh", he saw what I was doing and walked over to me, looking at the drawing.

"That's me and grams", he shortly explained.

"That is really sweet", I nodded, not realizing that I started sobbing all of a sudden.

"Ooh hey, no. Are you crying? Why are you crying?", Jungkook didn't wait and quickly hugged me, wiping away my tears with his sleeve.

"Heey, sshhh.. you're supposed to be my emotional support, aren't you?", Jungkook chuckled and let go of me, looking me in my eyey and giving me an encouraging smile.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I guess I am just... I feel you and... I don't want you to feel like that", I stuttered weirdly.

"I know, it's weird right? I mean months ago we could've ripped each other's hair out but now... you're cool. I like you", he smiled at me while raising his eyebrows. He really looked just like the 6-year-old Jungkook.

"Hmm.. I think you're okay", I jokingly shrugged and smiled afterwards.

•••••
ooooh hello

She's a fullass meme

Don't forget to vote♡

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)