chapter 29

"BECAUSE I FUCKING FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU!"

Silence.

My eyes widened and I just stared at him as my heart began beating so fast that it hurt immensely. I think I forgot to breathe for some seconds because I suddenly took a huge breath.

The sight in front of me...

Jungkook stood there in the doorframe, eyes widened and glossy, tears on his cheeks that were slowly turning redder and redder(A/N: the cheeks not the tears, that would be scary af).

Where there was total noise before, was now complete silence. Screaming and shouting before, anger and despair taking us over but then... Jungkook ended it with the last sentence and our voices, the noise, was turned completely silent.

"You...", I nearly choked on my own breath, having a total blockade in my mind and voice while he just hung his head.

"Yes. I am in love with you (Y/N). I love you so much that my stomach hurts right now", and with that he slid down the wall, completely weak, hiding his face in his way too long sleeves.

I quickly walked over to him as if something was taking over my body and crouched down in front of him.

Somehow I managed to hug him and we sat like that for a few minutes. Jungkook silently sobbed, probably because he was completely breaking down at that moment, not having anything else to do.

"Let's go to bed, it's like 4am", I quietly spoke, intertwining his fingers with mine and looking at them in thoughts before pulling the exhausted boy up and after me.

We arrived upstairs and I sat down on his bed near to his pillow, patting my lap.

He laid down, placing his head in my lap. I carefully played with his hair until he fell asleep, admiring his lineaments, his pinkish lips that really complimented his fair and smooth skin, his slightly accented jawline and his dark eyelashes. I sighed in relief because the boy in my lap wasn't letting out small sobs anymore, instead he was breathing regularly.

As careful as I could I stood up, lifting Jungkook's head up and placing it on his pillow, making him mumble something in his sleep, cutely smacking his lips afterwards, as if he just tasted something new.

I let out a quiet chuckle, pulling the blanket over his body before brushing his hair out of his face and going to my own bed to sleep the four more hours I had.

It would've been good if I could've been able to sleep but... Jungkook's words really wanted to stay in my brain for at least one more hour which frustrated me so much.

The next day I woke up atexactly 8am without even having set an alarm for that day.

Jungkook was still asleep in the same position he was a few hours ago. He had an exhausting night, so I decided to leave him a note and go to the hospital alone that day.

Good morning,
I hope you slept long enough...
I thought I'd let u sleep and go to the hospital to see how your grams is
See u later

I laid the note onto his nightstand and got ready to leave. I took a bus to the hospital, where the doctor greeted me.

"She is in a very bad condition at the moment, I must let you know. It doesn't look very good because she can't breathe on her own anymore. The cancer is now also taking over her lungs", the doctor told me in the hospital room.

"Do you... by any chance know", I wiped away a tear from the corner of my eye, "how much time we have left with her?"

Doctor Byun sighed, looking at Jungkook's granny for a few seconds before turning to me again.

"It's not clear but she is... close, you know? Better bring the young man with you, he has to be here, you may have another month, but maybe also just a week or a few days", he shook my hand before leaving the room.

I sighed, tears blurring my sight as I sat down onto a chair next to the bed.

"Hmmpf... what is our Jungie going to do without you?", I let out a deep breath.

Suddenly she opened her eyes a small bit, only very little as if her eyes are too weak for that kind of action. That happened more often the days before. The doctor told us that she opened her eyes but in fact she didn't even realize that. She was half-unconsious the whole time, connected to breathing machines. The doctor said it could also happen that she wins her consiousness back but that wouldn't change her condition or anything.

"You are a great person, you don't deserve this. Nobody deserves this kind of torture. I can't imagine the pain", I quietly said as my voice broke and tears were running down my cheeks and dropping onto her blanket. She looked at me for a short second and closed her eyes again. Now the only sound heard was the heart monitor and my breath.

After an hour of sitting there I decided to go back to Jungkook to check up on him.

He was already up, cooking something to eat as I entered the house.

"Good morning", I softly smiled at him as he turned around, a purple apron tied around his waist.

"Good morning", he kind of shyly responded.

"Can we talk?", I asked, taking off my jacket and hanging it onto a hanger before entering the kitchen, sitting onto a chair.

"Sure", he nearly whispered, cheeks rosy as he turned off the stove and sat on the chair across from me, avoiding eye contact.

I just sat there, looking at him as he sat there like a little boy, eyes on his hands which were funbling around with the material of his apron.

He looked up for a split second. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Oh uhm right...", I trailed off.

"When did you manage to fall in love with me?"

•••••
YeeeH I'M MOTIVATED TO WRITE