Chapter 4

"Jazzy whatcu doin after school?" Trina asked sliding up beside 

We had all been sitting around in the courtyard while on our lunch break. 

"Carter's comin to get me and take me over to see his mama" I said

"That kid you were hugged up on the other day?" King asked with a slight base in his tone

"mmhhmm " I said

"After we told you shit ain't right with him?" CeCe said

"Carter and I were close friends before he left ... I really don't think anything's wrong "I said shrugging 

"People telling you shit ain't right with ol' dude but you still gon go see him?" King stated

"King I know you damn well aint talking! Shit ain't all flowers and rainbows with your ass! People talk around here, I know what your job -"

Before I knew it King grabbed me up and was pulling me towards the parking lot

"King what the hell your hurting my arm!" I said getting mad "King let go of me!" 

When we got to his black range rover King opened the passenger door, corning me. 

"Get in" he said not looking serious

"The hell you think I am!" I said angry

"Jazmyn just get in the damn car"

"So you can kidnap my ass" 

"Aint nobody kidnapping your loud ass" 

I huffed and got in the car in silence. I pulled my phone out not bothering to ask where he was taking me, I knew he would answer. I chose to text Trina instead.

Me: if I ain't message you by 10:00 tonight, call the police, the missing persons, the coroner's office because I'm either dead or been kidnapped by King's big headed ass!

Trina: Girl he likes you to much to kill you

Me: How y'all just let him take me like that!

Trina: Girl you were made loud, you know you can't be talking like that at school. You and King have been needing to talk from time. Hush and enjoy it ;)

I rolled my eyes as I read Trinas reply, king had already driven out of the school parking lot, and was heading downtown. 

"You gon tell me where we goin" I asked

"You gon stop talking?" he asked

I just pouted with my lips sticking out. He is getting me mad and putting his manish hands all on me, for what? Everyone around school knew King was big in the dope scene, he and Kirk were partners and had workers across the city, don't ask me how they've managed to go undetected, I'm assuming money gets them a long way. 

When the car finally came to a stop we were in front of an apartment building. King got out and came around to open my door. I stayed seated as I stared up at him. 

"you gon get out or am I gon haave to carry you in?" he questioned

Kissing my teeth I got out of the car slamming the door. 

"Stop kissing them teeth"

"Whatever"

King lead me through the building and into the elevator, we stood in silence until the elevator dinged on the 30th floor. I followed King down the hallway to his door, waiting for him to unlock it. I walked through when he healed the door open for me. The apartment was nice, with grey paint on the walls and black furniture.