Chapter 6

Alec's POV:

"Jace, Magnus left his cell phone here. Can you go and give it to him? ", Isabelle says, from her bedroom.

"Can't you see I'm busy?", he says and I roll my eyes. He hasn't moved from the couch for the past three hours.

"Alec, will you please? ", she asks.

"Why should I? What are you doing? ", I ask.

"I'm working on a new idea. Please, Alec", she says.

"Alright. When is Max's class getting over? ", I ask.

"In an hour. Jace is picking him up", she says.

"Am I? ", Jace asks.

"You are, Jace", she says.

"Yeah okay, I'll pick him up", he says.

"Where's his cell phone?", I ask.

"On the table. In front of the TV", she says.

"Fine", I say and pick his phone up and knock at his door.

"The door's open", I hear, his voice say and open the door.

"Isabelle said you left your cell phone at our place. I came to give it back", I say.

"Can you put it on the table, please? I'm kinda busy right now", he says, from his bedroom.

"Okay, see you later", I say and turn back.

"Are you? Are you Magnus? ", a guy asks, holding the front of my shirt. He looks like a maniac with long black hair and grey eyes.

"No, no, I'm not Magnus", I say, pushing his hands away from my shirt.

"Magnus. There's someone to see you", I call out and see him come out of the bedroom. He's wearing a plain blue T-shirt and jeans yet manages to look elegant. I bite my lip involuntarily and turn away.

"Who are you? ", he asks, looking at the guy who barged into his house.

"I'm your father, Magnus", the homeless looking guy says and I see Magnus flinch.

"I don't know who you are. Get out of my house", Magnus says, his voice shaking with anger. I have never seen him like this. He was always laughing or smiling. Seeing him angry felt like a dream.

"I'm your father, Magnus", the guy repeats.

"You're not my father", Magnus shouts and punches the table which breaks into pieces immediately. I see Magnus's hand bleeding but just stare numbly.

"I'm sorry, Magnus. I really am. I shouldn't have left you both", the man says.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have. You just can't come into my life and apologize after everything you did. You did something no father will ever do to his child. A sorry isn't going to change it", Magnus roars and I can feel the goose bumps on my arms.

"I know you won't forgive me, Magnus but I really am sorry", he says. The man actually seems sorry but if Magnus is shouting at him, he must've done something horrible.

"Get out of my house, now. Don't show me your face, ever again. I don't want to see you", Magnus says.

"Son", the man, I mean, Magnus's father starts.

"Don't call me that. You're not my father and I'm not your son. Get the hell out, now! Or, I'll call the cops, I mean it! ", Magnus shouts.

The man looks at Magnus and leaves the house rather reluctantly.

"Um Magnus", I say and he turns to look at me.

I shudder involuntarily and his expression softens.

"I'm sorry for you having to witness all this", he says.

"It's alright. Where's the first aid kit?", I ask.

"Why?", he asks.

"Your hand, Magnus. It's bleeding", I say and he looks down at his hand and realizes it's bleeding.

"It's in the kitchen. First cupboard", he says.

"So, that was your father? ", I ask as I sit opposite him and remove the glass pieces slowly from his hand.

"I wish I could say no", he says.

"What did he do? ", I ask, looking up at him.

"He left me and my mom when I was four", he says, not meeting my eyes.

"Why? ", I ask, my voice a small whisper.

"In my town, having amber eyes is considered as a sign of the devil. He believed it and left me and my mom. My mom raised me single-handedly. She did odd jobs for me to be able to go to school", he says.

"Oh", is all I manage to say.

"I think this should be okay", I say as I fasten the bandage around his hand.

"Thank you, Alexander and I'm sorry for what happened earlier", he says.

"It's alright, Magnus. Everyone loses control. I get you. And, I think your eyes are really beautiful, just saying", I say.

"Thank you. Are all families this fucked up? ", he asks, finally looking into my eyes.

"You have no idea", I say and he smiles.

"Are you alright, Magnus? ", I ask.

"I am just a little shook. I'll be alright soon", he says.

"Okay, just take care of your hand. Call me if you need anything", I ask.

"Sure", he says and smiles at me.

"Can I stay for a little while? I won't ask you anything", I say.

"Thank you. But, I'm okay. Just need to think for a while", he says.

"Yeah. Okay. Okay. Sure. Bye", I say and leave his house, taking small steps so that he would change his mind and call me but he doesn't, so I close the door and walk into my house.