Chapter 7

Magnus's POV:

"I can't believe he actually walked into my house. He said sorry. As if that would be enough", I say, pacing my house up and down.

"When did this happen? ", Raphael asks.

"Three days ago", I say.

"Fine", he says.

"What do you mean by fine? It's not fine, Raphael. Nothing's fine, actually. He can't walk into my life just like that", I say.

"What are you gonna do? ", he asks.

"I don't know. I don't think I can forgive him, Raphael", I say.

"Okay", he says.

"I never thought he'd show up, you know. I thought he'd married someone, have another kid", I say.

"You're blabbering", he says.

"Maybe, maybe I am. What would you do if this happened to you?", I ask.

"I don't know. I understand how it feels. You're still angry with him after all these years. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't forgive him. Give him a chance, Magnus", he says.

"Why? So, that he can mess up everything again? ", I ask.

"He really seems sorry", he says.

"I was four, Raphael. Four. You don't know how it would be if your father left your mom because of you. It was horrible", I say.

"It's okay. Take some time, Magnus. Think about what you really want. If you can forgive him, it's fine. Even if you can't, it's perfectly alright", he says.

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Thanks", I say.

I hear someone ring my doorbell.

"I'll go check", I say to Raphael and open the door.

"Izzy? ", I ask, looking at the girl standing with her back to me.

"You know her? Do you know Izzy? ", the woman turns and asks me. She looks like Isabelle but not quite. The same long black hair, bright blue eyes but older. She's wearing a long blue dress. She's look horrible, I mean, no makeup and her hair's a mess.

"Who are you? ", I ask.

"I'm Izzy's mother", she says.

"All of them are out, right now. Do you want to come in? ", I ask.

"Yeah, yeah. That would be fine", she says. Her expression eerily similar to that of Alec's when he rang my doorbell when Max was sick.

Well, I always knew there was some kind of trouble between Alexander and his family. Because who the else moves in with their siblings at twenty three?

"Do you want a cup of coffee? Or tea? ", I ask.

"No, I'm fine. Where are Izzy and Jace? ", she asks.

"They went to a film", I say.

"Jace and Izzy but not Alexander. So, he must be the one who caused trouble", I think.

"Are they happy? Is Max happy? ", she asks.

"Yeah, they are very happy", I say.

"What's your name? ", she asks.

"I'm Magnus. Magnus Bane. Excuse me", I say.

I pick up my phone and call Alexander. It takes him three rings to pick up the phone.

"Hey Magnus. I'm in the middle of a movie. Is it something serious? ", he asks.

"Alexander, your mother's here. She, she looks like a mess. Can you come? ", I ask.

"Yeah alright. I'll be there in ten", he says, after a pause.

"Okay", I say and cut the call.

"Magnus, what the hell is happening over here? ", Raphael asks, as I enter my bedroom.

"I don't know. But, I've a feeling it's gonna get worse. Can I meet you tomorrow? ", I ask.

"Alright. Fine. Take care", he says and leaves my house. This is one of the things I love about Raphael, he does everything I say without asking questions.

I sit opposite Alec's mother and see her biting her lip nervously.

"Why did you come here? ", Alexander thunders as he enters my house.

"Alec", she says.

"Of course, you wouldn't let me live in peace. I should've known", he says, his voice suddenly cold and distant.

"Son", she says.

"Son? Son? The last time I checked I was disowned. You even left me out of your will", he says.

"I'm sorry, Alec", she says.

"Sorry? You're sorry? Get to the point, Maryse. What do you want? ", he asks.

"Your father, Alec. He left me", she says.

"What do you expect me to do? Take you in? After everything you did? I'm sorry, I'm not a saint", he says.

"I want to meet Izzy and Jace", she says.

"I'm quite sure they don't want to meet you. They chose love over money. They chose to live with me. I'm not letting you spoil my life again", he says.

"Please, Alec. I've no one", she says.

"You threw me into the streets when I was fucking nineteen. You didn't even bat an eye. You think I had anyone? ", he says.

"I'm sorry, Alec", she says.

"No, I'm sorry, I can't help you, Maryse. There's nothing I can do", he says.

"Izzy and Jace", she says.

"They don't want to see you either. You do remember what you did, right? You think they'll still want to talk to you after what you did? Get out now, Maryse, before I kill you", he says.

She shudders for a moment listening to the malice in his voice, then leaves my house.

"Alexander, you okay? ", I ask.

"Yeah, fine, I'm sorry, it happened in your house", he says.

"It's alright", I say.

"Just don't mention this to Jace or Izzy, okay?", he says.

"Sure. I guess we're even now", I say and he finally smiles, breaking the tension in the air.

"So, see you later", he says.

"Take care, Alexander", I say.

"And I thought my life was the only fucked up one", I think as I close the door.