Chapter 14

Magnus's POV

"God, you're such an idiot, Magnus. Drinking so much and acting like an idiot in front of Alexander. God, you're like the stupidest human alive", I say to myself as I pace my room up and down.

"He's going to think you're weird. See you fucked everything up", I say and lie down on my bed.

I hear my doorbell ring and walk towards my door. I open the door and see it's Alexander.

"Good morning, my knight in shining armor ", he says, smiling and my face automatically turns red.

He's wearing a sky blue shirt and white jeans and looks very hot. I wanted to grab him by his shirt collar and kiss him then and there but I just stared stupidly at him.

I always took decisions and made the first step but with Alexander, I was too scared to do anything.

"Can I come in? ", he asks, looking at me.

"Oh yeah sorry I mean I didn't ", I stammer.

"Are you okay? ", he asks.

"Yeah just", I start.

"Embarrassed", he finishes for me.

"Yeah. Alexander, I'm so sorry for what happened last night", I say.

"It's okay, Magnus. Alcohol makes us do stupid things", he says.

"I know, but last night I was an idiot", I say.

"It's fine, Magnus. It's perfectly alright.  You were very funny, though", he says, a hint of a laugh on his lips.

"So, why did you come? ", I ask.

"I meant to. I wanted to ask you if", he starts but is interrupted by the doorbell.

"I'm sorry, I'll go check who it is", I say.

"No problem", he says but I catch him rolling his eyes.

I open the door and see the last person I expect to see standing there.

Camille looks beautiful. Her long blond hair lying loosely around her shoulders and her green eyes shining. She's wearing a simple cream frock yet looks stunning.

But, after you find out how cunning and cruel she is, you won't think she's still beautiful.

"Hey Magnus", she says, smiling broadly.

"Oh hey Camille", I say.

"I was just wondering if I could drop in for a little while", she says.

"Um I'm a bit busy right now", I say, looking at Alexander.

" Just ten minutes. I promise", she says.

I know exactly what she is doing. She doesn't want me to get over her so quickly, so she does everything she can to keep me sad.

"I'm with my boyfriend, now", I say.

"Oh, can I meet him? ", she asks, looking shocked.

"Yeah fine", I say and walk into my house and see Alexander reading a magazine.

"So, Alexander this is Camille, my uh friend", I say.

"Hello Camille. Pleased to meet you", Alexander says.

"And this is Alexander, my boyfriend", I say.

Alexander looks horrified and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Please", I mouth to him and he nods at me.

"So, how did you two meet? ", she asks.

"My brother was down with a fever and Magnus healed him. I took him out for coffee as a "thank you" and then we just liked each other", he says, holding my hand from across the couch and I nod dumbly.

All I could think of was his hand holding mine. Warm and soft. People usually send electric currents but he sent down the entire power factory.

"That's so sweet. So, Magnus, what do you like in Alexander? ", she asks.

"He's sweet, funny, caring and protective. He has helped me a lot over these last few months. And, he's hot too", I say, laughing.

Alexander moves closer to me and puts an arm around my shoulder and smiles sweetly at me.

"So, how do you call each other? ", she asks.

"I call him my knight in shining armor", he says, looking at me and laughing lightly and I can feel the blush creeping on my cheeks.

"What do you do, Alexander? ", she asks.

"I'm a lawyer", he says and I see her eyebrows raise involuntarily.

"Oh that's good. I'd better get going, then", she says and stands up.

"Thank god", I mutter under my breath.

"So, it was nice meeting you, Alexander", she says.

"Likewise Camille", he says.

"I'll go and drop her then", I say.

"Okay, baby", Alexander says and leans in and kisses me on my cheek.

I walk towards the door and close the door without even bothering to say goodbye to Camille. I realize my hand was on my cheek all this time, where Alexander kissed me and remove my hand from my cheek.

"Who was she? ", he asks as I flop down on the couch beside him.

"A toxic ex. Thank you so much for playing along, Alexander", I say.

"You are welcome. She looks like a bitch though ", he says.

"She is. So, what did you want to ask me? ", I ask.

"Um. You know, my father's getting married, right? Will you be my date to the wedding? ", he asks.

"Yeah, I mean okay. Yes", I say.

"Thanks", he says, looking relieved.

"Is this like a date? ", I ask.

"No. Just as friends, you know", he says, looking away.

"Okay", I say.

"So, see you later, my knight in shining armor", he says.

"Please don't do this, Alexander ", I say and he laughs.

"So, see you later then", he says.

"That's better", I say and flop down on my couch.