Chapter 10

Alec's POV

"Luke, the papers you asked for", I say, placing a bunch of papers on his desk.

"Thank you, Alec. So, you're meeting Magnus's mom, today ", he says.

"Jace told you", I say, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah. When you're in a relationship, you first learn each others' secrets and then meet their parents. You both are doing it in reserve. You first met each others' parents, then found out each others' secrets and are going to be in a relationship", he says, amused.

"We found out each others' secrets accidentally", I say.

"Still, Alec. You better ask him out sooner. Or he may start dating someone else"  he says.

"He can date anyone he likes", I say.

Luke raises an eyebrow at me and smirks.

"Okay, I'll be heartbroken. But, I'll get over it", I say.

"Okay. So, when you come to work on Monday, we'll question Mrs. Smith. Do you have the questions ready? ", he asks.

"Yup. I made a copy too", I say.

"Alright then. See you on Monday. Make sure you impress his mom", he says.

"I'll try", I say.

"And, I sent the legal notice to your mom. We can arrest her if she hangs around your house after this", he says.

"Thank you, Luke", I say.

"Alec", he says, hugging me.

Luke is taller than me and he's crushing me. Luke was the one who helped me when I was disowned. He took me in as his assistant after I finished university. He's helped me a lot of times. He was the one who won Max's case. I owe everything I have today to him.

"You're one of the most selfless and bravest people I've ever met, Alec", he says.

"Not as selfless as you", I say.

"Thank you, kiddo. I just hope you're happy wherever you are", he says.

"You too, Luke", I say.

"But this doesn't mean, I'll let you come late to work on Monday", he says.

"I know. I'll be on time", I say.

"Drive carefully. Tell me how the dinner goes ", he says.

"Okay", I say and walk out of the office.

"Hey Alec. Is Luke inside? ", Jocelyn asks as I close the door behind me.

"Yeah. He's inside", I say.

"Okay. How are you? All settled in? ", she asks.

"Yeah all's good", I say.

"So, are you okay with Jace dating Clary?", she asks.

"Of course. I can't find anyone better than her. She's been raised by you and Luke", I say.

"Thank you, Alec", she says.

"So, are you fine with Jace? ", I ask.

"Yeah, he's so sweet and funny", she says.

"Jace? Sweet? I think you're talking about someone else", I say and she laughs good-naturedly.

"How are Max and Izzy? ", she asks.

"Good. How's your exhibition going? ", I ask.

"Better than we expected. I'm so happy about it actually", she says.