Chapter 15

A month later

"You ready, big bro? ", Izzy asks as I fumble with my tie.

"It's just my tie", I say, looking at her.

She looks beautiful in a pale pink gown. Her long black hair is up in a bun and she is wearing high pink heels. Jace, Max and I are wearing  dark blue suits with silver ties.

"Here", she says, tying my tie.

"Thanks, Iz. You look beautiful today", I say.

"Thanks, Alec. You look good too", she says.

"Are Jace and Max ready? ", I ask.

"Max is ready. He is talking with Elena. Jace is getting ready for the past hour. God knows when he'll be ready", she says, rolling her eyes.

"Is Magnus here? ", I ask.

"Yeah. So, when are you two gonna admit you both like each other? At fifty? ", she asks.

"I will, Iz. Soon", I say.

"Fine. Simon is very excited about meeting you. Don't scare him away, okay? ", she says.

"I'll try", I say.

"Oh please Alec", she says.

"Alright. Alright. Is your speech ready? ", I ask.

"Yeah", she says.

"Cool. All the best", I say.

"Alec. Father asked you to come", Max says.

"Okay. Be with Iz, Max", I say.

"Yeah, don't talk to strangers, don't accept candy from them, do your homework, respect your teachers", he says, in a perfect impersonation of me.

"Iz, keep an eye on him", I say.

"Sure. Don't worry, Alec", she says.

"So, see you both later", I say and ruffle Max's hair on my way out.

"Alec, father called us both to the altar", Jace says as I come out of the room.

"Yeah, coming. Wait, Jace are you wearing lipstick? ", I ask, looking at him.

"Um sorry, Clary's fault", he says.

"Wipe it off", I say, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah sure", he says.

Jace and I enter the church and walk up to the altar. The church is almost full with people. I wave at Elena and nod at a few of my father's friends.

"Hello Alec", my father says I stand beside him on the altar.

"Hi. Are you okay? ", I ask.

"Yeah, I'm very excited", he says.

Jace elbows me and points at the end of the hall.

"Magnus", he mouths at me.

I see Magnus walking towards the front of the church. He's wearing a black suit with a red tie.

I don't know why but even though I've known him for about three months now my heart still beats faster at the sight of him. And, seeing him in a suit made him a thousand times hotter.

He waves at me and sits beside his mother.

Anna walks down the aisle with her father and the rest of the wedding passes in a flash. I can't help but keep stealing glances at Magnus from the corner of my eye and he holds my gaze for a few seconds before smiling. It's very hard for me to concentrate on the wedding when I can feel Magnus's eyes on me constantly.

Izzy rocks her speech and the church is filled with applause as she finishes her speech.

"Alec. This is Simon", Izzy says, gesturing to a brown haired guy. He's a bit shorter than me and has brown eyes.

"Simon, this is my brother Alec", she says and both of us shake hands.

"Hello Alec. I was so excited to meet you. Izzy keeps talking about you. Your suit is very nice, you know. You look very handsome too. She says you're a lawyer. How's your job? Is it risky? Is it safe?", he asks in a single breath.

"Hello Simon. Pleased to meet you", I say. Simon seems sweet but he talks way too much. A hello would have been sufficient.

"Excuse me, I'll be back in a minute", I say and walk towards Magnus who is talking with his mother.

"Magnus, I need to talk to you", I see as soon as I reach him.

"Is something wrong?", he asks, panicking.

"No, just come with me", I say.

"Okay", he says and both of us walk to the back of the church.

"Magnus, I like you. And, I don't mean as a friend", I say, looking into his beautiful amber eyes.

"I like you too", he says, looking shocked.

"What? You could've asked me out. I thought you liked me only as a friend", I say.

"I thought you were straight", he says.

"I told you I was gay", I say.

"Not until later. Why didn't you ask me out? ", he asks.

"I thought you were straight. Izzy told me only afterwards", I say.

"Then why didn't you ask me out then? ", he asks, crossing his arms and pulling his lips into a thin line.

"Your father came in and messed everything up. You wanted a friend at that time. Why didn't you ask me? ", I ask.

"Your mom came and messed things up. You should've asked me after that", he says.

"Your father died. You were grieving", I say.

"And then your father suddenly came into your life", he says.

"You could've given me a hint", I say.

"I told you I liked you when I was drunk. I couldn't even barely think and I still told you that I liked you. What other hint did you want? ", he asks.

"I came to ask you out on a date but then your ex came and messed everything up again", I say.

He rolls his eyes and looks away, crossing his arms and pouting.

"Fine, look, Magnus. I like you, a lot. I've always liked you. It's unfair we couldn't tell each other but I don't want to waste any more time", I say and pull him by the front of his collar and kiss him.

I pour all the nervousness and desperation I have into the kiss and close my eyes.

I place both of my hands on his waist and his hands are around my neck. I've kissed many people before but this kiss felt different. It made me feel alive.

Both of us break apart a few seconds later breathless.

Both of us smile nervously at each other. This time it's him who pulls me into a kiss.

I play with his hair and run my hand up and down on his spine as we kiss. This time, he cups my face in his hands.

He breaks apart very quickly this time and I think I'm offended but he starts kissing my neck and I shiver.

We both kiss each other for a few more minutes until my phone rings.

"I'm sorry", I say, looking at him.

"It's okay", he says and looks away, failing to hide the huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, I just came to adjust my tie. I'll be back in a minute", I say to Jace.

"So, will you come out with me to dinner this Saturday? ", he asks.

"Yeah sure", I say and both of our faces break into huge grins.