Chapter 7 - You're The Only One I Want

I was woken by a low scream and continued whimpering. What was going on? Getting up quietly, I open my door and wander down the hall, searching for the source of the noise, but I can’t hear anything over the crash of thunder.

Thunder! Louis! I hurry back to our side of the house and put my ear against his door. I can almost feel him in there, trembling and whimpering with fear due to the storm outside. Right on cue, the darkness of the night is lit by what can only be a flash of lightning, and I hear another scream.

Poor Boo, he must be terrified! I remove my ear from the door and try to turn the handle only to find it locked. Why in the world is his door locked in the middle of the night?

I knock my knuckles against the door and call through it gently, “Boo? Can I come in?” I hear the sound of blankets moving before soft footsteps and the click of the door unlocking. I step in, closing the door behind me.

Louis was a mess. His eyes were puffy, check streaked with tears, clothes rumpled, and he was still making noises. I looked over at his bed to see that he had obviously been in a ball under the pillows before he got up to let me in.

I tried to come up with something to say, but ended up stupidly blurting out, “Why was your door locked?”

“I… I… I didn’t want them… to think I’m a baby… but you already know…” he whispered, and my heart broke at how pitiful he was in this state. My poor, sweet Louis.

Moving carefully toward him, I scoop him up and carry him to his bed. Immediately, he gets a tight grip around my neck and shoulders, curling into my body and burying his head in the crook of my neck as if to block out the storm.

“Shh, it’s okay, everything’s okay, I’m here now, the storm can’t hurt you…” I whispered little soothing pieces into his ear, hoping to stop the violent shaking of his body.

Laying our bodies down on his bed, I pulled the blankets up over us. The ball that was Louis crunched into himself even tighter, leaning against my side. I wrapped my arms around him, resting my chin on his head.

“I’m here, Boo. I promise I’ll protect you. You’re not a baby; we all have fears. Yours is just different than the rest of ours. I’m right next to you; you know I wouldn’t let anything hurt you.” I felt the shaking finally begin to subside and released a silent sigh of relief.

Louis looked up at me. He was no longer actively sobbing or shaking, but he still looked a right mess. Just looking at him, seeing him in this condition, it was tugging at my heart.

“Haz… I’m glad you heard me… You’re the only one I want right now.” He mumbled. My chest swelled; he wanted me. His Harry. I pulled his head back down to my chest, stroking his back gently and kissing his forehead.

“Thank you, Boo. That… it means a lot to me.” I moved a little to make us more comfortable. “Go to sleep, Lou. I’m here, and I’ll be right next to you to protect you from the storm. I promise you. Get some rest,” I urge him.

Yawning, I feel his body relax against mine, still in my arms. He murmurs a quick goodnight before his head drops and I hear the steady breathing of someone sleeping. He must’ve been dead tired, the poor thing.

I can’t sleep, sitting there with him in my arms. It’s actually quite peaceful despite the raging storm. His face is so serene like an angel’s, no stress lines and no worry in his features. I gently brush some stray strands of hair from his forehead, placing a few kisses there.

That night I got no more sleep. I just stroked Louis’ hair and face, studying him and letting him get some much-needed relaxation.

I felt him stirring and smiled down at his sleepy face. “Morning, Boo,” I greet him.