Chapter 8 - I Didn't Mean To

“I’m bored,” Louis says.

Oh, no. Those are two words that can really strike fear into your heart when they come from the mouth of Louis Tomlinson.

Liam nervously says, “Well, how about we cook something? Or go swimming? Or play a game?” glancing at the rest of us.

“FOOD! Can we make brownies? No, what about cookies? Can we make cookies, Li? I got a better idea! Why don’t we make a cake? Yeah, a big, delicious cake that will be gone by the end of the night?” Niall, of course, is intrigued by the option of food.

Liam groans. “Let's have Lou decide this time, Nialler.”

“I choose… swimming! Race you guys!” Louis shouts, darting down the hall.

The rest of us quickly go to get changed, knowing that whoever is last will be pranked or have something bad happen to them later today. I grab the first pair of swim trunks I find, slip them on, and make a mad dash for the back door. Louis is already outside and in the pool. Thankfully, I’m the next one outside, meaning I’m safe. Sighing with relief, I slow as I reach the edge of the pool.

“Hazza! What are you waiting for? Come on!” Louis happily invites me in.

I take a few steps back, gathering a little speed before cannonballing into the middle of the pool. When I resurface, I see Louis rubbing his eyes and a huge wet area around the pool.

“You got that in my eyes,” he unhappily continues rubbing at them.

I swim over to him, gently removing his hands from his eyes. They’re slightly puffy and red-streaked. “Aww, Boo, I didn’t mean to,” I say, wiping the water from his face.

“I know, but it hurts! Harry, make it stop!” he whines. I chuckle, hugging him quickly before telling him there is in fact nothing I can do to help. Pouting, he turns away just as Niall dashes out the door.

“Hey lovebirds, got any food out here?” He asks.

“We’re not lovebirds! And why don’t you get your own food from the kitchen?” Louis asks, rolling his eyes.

“Right, see you guys in a few!” He winks. Why did I get this fluttery feeling inside when he called us lovebirds?

“Zayn is probably going to be last out, Boo. What are you thinking of doing to him?’ I ask, partly to distract myself from my strange thoughts.

“Something with his hair… I know! I can throw him in the pool. Which ruins his hair, and while he’s underwater I can run in and throw all his hair products under my bed!” He smirks mischievously. We turn to wait for Liam and Zayn to arrive.

A few minutes later, Liam comes out and sighs like I did, realizing Niall and Zayn aren’t here. “I’m not last, am I, Lou?” he asks somewhat worriedly.

“Nope! Niall went to the kitchen for some food and Zayn hasn’t made an appearance yet!” Liam jumps in beside us, though he doesn’t create quite as large of a splash as my cannonball.

Zayn finally comes out, his eyes happy. “Yes!” he screams out, confusing Liam, Louis and I. What is he so happy about when he’s last?

“Niall didn’t make it yet! For once I’m not the one being pranked!” He laughs. Louis signals to us not to tell him that he’s actually last, and Liam fights to hide a grin.

“So Zayn, you planning on taking a swim with us?” I ask.

“I don’t really fancy one, no. I was just going to sit out here with you guys so I’m not alone. Is that okay?” He looks at Liam.