Chapter 16 - I Couldn't Have Him

“Hazza, I’m home!” Louis darted across the room and threw himself into my arms, making us both fall on top of each other on my bed.

My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt heat rise in my cheeks. This position really wasn’t good for my newly discovered love for a certain Doncaster boy. But knowing I couldn’t risk letting him notice something had changed, I wrapped my arms around him and let him bury himself into my chest.

“I missed you, Boo,” I murmured in his ear. It was true; although I’d been spending my time reading his diary, I still missed the one I loved.

“Missed you too,” he replied.

We sat there for a bit, just enjoying the company of each other and relaxing with the knowledge that we were back together again. It was soothing to have him here. All the nerves and discomfort of the past few days and everything weighing on my brain seemed to have been washed away, at least for the moment.

Suddenly a thought ran across my mind. “Um, don’t take this the wrong way, but why are you here?”

He removed his face from my body, looking up to meet my eyes. I noticed his expression had dropped. “Don’t you want me here? I thought you missed me, Harry,” he sadly answered, a lone tear trickling down his cheek.

“No, no! That’s not what I meant; it came out wrong. Of course I want you here Boobear, you know how I get when you’re away. I missed you so much. I just didn’t think you’d be back until tomorrow is all,” I hurriedly explained and watched his face return to its previous joyfulness.

“I was getting ready to come home anyway and Mum noticed I was missing you and the others so she told me to just go, so I did! And now I’m here with you guys!” Grinning, he squeezed his arms around me tighter for a few seconds before releasing me and rolling off my body. Until then, I hadn’t noticed that we were practically merged together we were so wrapped around each other. Chuckling, I helped him untangle our bodies. We laid beside each other in comfortable silence.

Until Liam broke the peace. “Hey Harry, did you want to come down and eat with Nialler, Zayn and I? We’re making-“ he stopped short, noticing the extra body on my bed. “Louis! You’re back!” Lou stood and let Liam embrace him before pulling away and flopping back down next to me.

“I sure am,” he replied, grinning lazily. I reached over to wipe a few stray strands of hair from his forehead, and he smiled up at me softly. He was so adorable, sprawled out al over my bed and displaying that beautiful little smile just for me. I wished I had a camera, to take a picture of this moment and have it to look back on forever.

I was woken from my thoughts by a tug on my arm. Louis had stood and was now attempting to pull me up as well. I sighed, squirming out of his grip and getting up. I’d forgotten Liam was even in here, but apparently he’d just told Louis to get me up and make sure I came down to help with dinner.

About to step out the door, I was held back by a force around my waist. Glancing down, I realized Louis had an arm around me. What was that for? I raised my eyebrow at him questioningly.

“Would you mind giving me back that journal? Remember, the one I asked you about the day I left and you said you’d find it for me?” He peered anxiously at me.

I gulped guiltily hoping he wouldn’t notice the slight tensing of my body and scrambling of my mind at the mention of the journal. How could I forget? Had I really been so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I’d forgotten the last important thing I’d found out about him? I snapped myself out of my thoughts, noticing Lou staring at me curiously.

“Of course you can have it, Boo. It’s your journal. Let me just…” I let my voice trail off as I ducked down, crouching in such a way that he couldn’t see my face. I knew I was a horrible liar and actor, so I planned to give myself the least opportunities to mess this up as I could.