One

"Welcome to Wakanda, Hunter." Steve called back to the young woman who practically jumped up to the cockpit to get a better view as the quinjet passed through the barrier that hid the advanced city from the rest of the world. "I know, I had the same reaction the first time that I saw it too." He chuckled at her stunned face.

Hunter shifted her gaze to the former avenger, "It's amazing..." She said in an almost breathless tone. Her gaze shifted back to the city before them as Steve landed the quinjet on top of one of the buildings. The ramp had barely been let down when Hunter rushed out. She jumped the short distance to the ground, turning around in a circle trying to take in the entirety of the city. "Beautiful..."

"I like to think so too." She turned quickly and her eyes landed on a man standing between two powerful looking women. The women held spears, but somehow the primitive weapons had a more...advanced look to them. The women themselves had a very regal, yet intimidating appearance to them with their red and gold armor. Their hair was shaved and one even had tattoos on her head that complimented her appearance. Her light blue gaze shifted back to the man who had spoke, her gaze analytical as she looked him over. He was lean, but toned with a very agile look to him. The one thing that really stood out to Hunter though, were his eyes. They held nothing, but kindness. "Welcome, to your new home." He spoke again. His accented voice was smooth and inviting "I am T'Challa, King of Wakanda."

Steve appeared at Hunter's side, giving her a rather worried glance before he looked to the king. "Your Highness." He dipped his head in respect and this seemed to snap the girl beside him out of her stupor.

"Oh! My apologies, Your Highness." She finally spoke to him. "My name is Hunter Carlyle." She took T'Challa's hand when he offered it out to her though her eyes widened in shock when he brought her hand up and placed a kiss to the back of it.

"It is a pleasure, Miss Hunter. While you are here, please feel free to address me as T'Challa."

The blonde couldn't stop the smile that tugged at her lips as she looked at him. "Isn't that a bit disrespectful?"

The king gave her a kind smile. "It is even more disrespectful not to obey the wishes of a king." He teased lightly as he slowly released her hand. He turned to Steve who had been curiously watching the exchange with a small smile. "You have nothing to fear, Captain. She will be safe here. Nobody would dare lay a hand on her while she is under the watchful Eye of Bast."

Something appeared to click in Hunter's mind "You're the Black Panther.." Her tone was one of awe as she stared at the Wakandan King. He shot a smile in her direction and nodded.

"Come, I will show you to your room so that you may have a proper night's rest." He then turned to the Captain "Will you be staying?"

"Only for tonight. I have to meet Sam in Siberia." He glanced at Hunter who was looking at him, confusion etched on her face. "We're hunting down Hydra agents to try and get our hands on the files that they have on Bucky."

She nodded once in understanding and turned to follow after T'Challa. "How...How is he?" She wasn't quite sure who she was asking. Neither of the women looked back at her, but Steve and the king did.

"He decided to be put back under until we could find a way to get rid of all of the brainwashing that Hydra put him through." Steve finally answered. Hunter was quiet after that. She simply trailed behind the Wakandan King and his body guards, making sure that she stayed in step with Steve. Steve took notice of how rigid she was and how she kept her gaze to the ground. "What exactly did they do to you in that prison Hunter?"

Her body tensed up at this, and she quickly shook her head. "I don't want to talk about it." Her voice was thick and it sounded as if she were going to cry. He watched as she reached up to her neck as if grabbing at a collar or necklace. For the first time, he noticed the fading bruise as well as a few puncture marks.

He grabbed her arm, stopping in the middle of the hall. "They collared you like a dog?" He asked, his voice holding disbelief. T'Challa and his guards had stopped walking, turning to look at the two at this. The one that had the tattoos on her head, stepped to the blonde and examined her neck. Her eyes held nothing, but pity for the blonde before her. The guard broke her gaze from Hunter's, speaking to the king in a foreign tongue. "Hunt, why didn't you tell me before?" Steve continued.

"It doesn't matter, it's in the past now." She argued, shifting her gaze to the Wakandans, before she looked back at him."I told you, I don't want to talk about it." She turned away from Steve and addressed the king. "May I please go to my room. I really just want to sleep..."

T'Challa hesitated before he nodded. "Of course." He turned and once again the group began to walk once more. This time, the tattooed guard was walking side by side with Hunter and Steve was next to the King.

"My name is Okoye." The woman finally spoke to the blonde after she seemed to have a silent debate with herself.

"Okoye." Hunter repeated. "That's a lovely name. It suits you very well."

The Dora Milaje commander was shocked to hear a compliment from the other woman. She was not used to anyone, but her lover complimenting her. "Thank you." Was all she managed to say before she went silent again.

"This will be your room." T'Challa announced to the blonde as they stopped in front of rather extravagant silver double doors. When he pushed them open, and let Hunter walk inside, she froze. The only word she could use to describe the room was amazing. It had the same advanced look that the entire city seemed to hold, but at the same time it looked simple and just beautiful. She finally willed herself to walk further into the bed before she threw herself into the plush black and silver bedding, a laugh spilling passed her lips. "I take it that you like it?" He asked, clearly amused with her reaction.

"It's beautiful." She breathed. She jumped off the bed and walked back over to the king. "I can't even begin to thank you for all that you're doing for me."

"Thank me, by being happy." He replied as he once more took her hand and kissed the back of it. "We shall leave you to rest. I will have someone bring you clothes and breakfast in the morning. Goodnight, Hunter."

"Goodnight, You-I mean T'Challa." She smiled and shut the door behind the group. She returned to the bed and crawled under the sheets before allowing her body to drag her into the realm of dreams.