Twenty

Every day that passed seemed to bring on a new wave of panic. Something big was about to happen, Hunter could feel in the deepest parts of her soul.

Shifting on her perch on the cliff side, she adjusted the pencil in her hand and continued to draw. She had woke up before the sun and had walked all the way to the outskirts of the city. She had seated herself not far from a waterfall and had been sketching away all day.

All of the pictures held the same vibe though. Destruction. Looking down at her most recent drawing a frown tugged at her lips. It was a large glove with six gems embedded in it.

Sighing, she closed the book and looked back in front of her. "I thought you might be here." She turned her head when she heard T'Challa's voice. He took a seat next to her, looking out at the gorgeous view in front of them. "What has you so troubled?"

She frowned at his question. "Nothing has me troubled. What would make you say that?"

"I know you better than you think." He said, glancing over at the blonde. He noticed the sketch book in her hands. "What have you been drawing?"

She looked down at the book, debating on whether or not to show him. She slowly opened the book, showing him the pictures. They were of a planet that clearly wasn't Earth. It was in ruin and looked abandoned. She turned the pages and the pictures changed to places on Earth in total ruin.

The final page before the glove, was Wakanda. The buildings were destroyed and warriors lay on the ground, slain in battle. "For a month, I've had the same dreams. Everyone I know of dies, a voice calls to me then these six very distinctive colors flash before my eyes before everything goes black...then I wake up."

T'Challa carefully closed the book in her hands before he grabbed her chin, tilting her head up so she would look up at him. "They are just dreams. Wakanda nor her people will fall so long as I am king. We are at peace and should enjoy it." He stood up, brushing his clothes off. "I have to attend a meeting, I will see you later." He kissed the top of her head before he walked away.

Hunter watched him leave, a squeezing sensation filling her chest. "How long will the peace last though?"

You cannot fight your destiny. It is coming. Hunter clutched her head as the voice echoed through her.

She shook her head and quickly stood. She closed her eyes, allowing her body to morph into a cheetah before carefully taking the sketch book in her mouth.

It took her no time to get back to the palace, but she paused in her steps when she found T'Challa waiting for her. "What is it?" She asked as soon as she morphed back. "What's going on?"

He had a grave look on his face as guards walked up to him, one of them holding a case. "Seems our peace will be broken sooner than expected..."

Her gaze shifted to the case. "We're going to see Bucky?"

T'Challa shook his head and walked forward. "No, I will be going to the white wolf alone, I want you to stay here and keep an eye on everything." The blonde hesitated before she nodded slowly. "I promise. We will return soon."

Forcing a smile, she looked up at him. "Last time I heard that, I thought you had died."

He pulled her close and kissed her forehead gently.  "I promise, this time I will return." He slowly pulled away before he made his way to the quinjet.

"Okoye, make sure he comes back." She called after the warrior. She looked back and nodded, offering a small smile.

Hunter watched the quinjet take off, before she made her way inside the palace where Romanda was waiting for her with a cup of hot tea. "Come child. Let's relax until he returns."