Eighteen

"I don't think that I am entirely comfortable with you going all the way to Russia without me." T'Challa stated as he watched his fiancé pack a bag of clothes and other necessities.

"You don't have to worry. I'll have Sam and Steve there to watch my back." She tried to assure him. "They have a lead on a scientist who ran the cryo station that they kept Bucky in." She looked over at where he sat stiffly at the edge of the bed. "I want to help. Bucky seems like he is genuinely a good person, he deserves another shot at life without having to worry about Hydra turning him on his loved ones."

T'Challa threw his hands up in defeat, a soft smile on his lips. "Very well, I submit. Though, I do have a request. Check in every now and then while you are gone. And don't stay gone too long."

Hunter placed her hands on her hips. "That's two requests, but fine. I'll do my best to call every day and get back here as soon as I can."

She walked over to him, slipping her arms around his neck. His arms instantly went around her waist. "At least take the panther suit that Shuri designed. I know it isn't your style, but it would give me some comfort."

Groaning softly, she slipped out of his arms and walked over to the necklace that lay on her desk. It looked similar to the one T'Challa wore, the only difference was that the teeth of it were a deep grey instead of the shiny silver. She picked it up and glanced back at him before she put it on. "Only for you." She finally agreed.

-----------------

"Look who it is. Haven't seen you in forever." Sam greeted the blonde as she stepped off of the quinjet.

"It's kind of why they call it hiding, Sam." Steve sassed, following behind Hunter.

The dark skinned man rolled his eyes as he pulled Hunter into a quick hug. "Glad to see you're still kicking though."

Hunter returned the hug, smiling a bit. "Of course, can't get rid of me that easily. So, what are we doing?" She questioned as soon as she pulled from Sam, going into mission mode.

Steve and Sam went serious as well. "We're looking for a hidden base, somewhere within this vicinity, but even with our technology we can't seem to pick it up." Steve explained, his gaze traveling over the wide snow covered area.

"So, you guys think my animal instinct can pick it up. Say no more." She stretched out her muscles and closed her eyes.

Her body shifted and adjusted to a white fox. She let out a soft bark before she began listening for anything out of the ordinary.

The whirring sound of computers hit her ears, and the smell of another person filled her nose. She stuck her snout to the ground, beginning to walk along following where the scent got stronger. She stopped when her paws landed on metal and the smell of the person was the strongest, beginning to dig at the snow revealing a door.

"Wonder if anyone is waiting on us?" Sam muttered as he helped uncover the door, pulling at it. The door opened with no trouble, not even having a lock on it.

Hunter was soon standing next to the boys in her human form, but this time the dark grey panther suit covered her body. "I'll go first." She offered. "I am the bulletproof one."