Nineteen

"Letting you go was a horrible idea. My brother did nothing, but pace my lab." Shuri griped as Hunter stepped off the ship. Dora Milaje were at the girls' side instantly, standing at the ready

The blonde rolled her eyes playfully "He worries too much."

"Can you blame him? You are a bit of a trouble magnet."

Hunter laughed at this before she began to walk with her friend to the throne room where T'Challa and Romanda would be waiting for them. "You would think that after being exposed to the world and having their biggest asset taken from them, Hydra would disband."

"Evil is a deep rooted disease that can not be removed so easily." Shuri replied.

Hunter sighed a bit as her gaze shifted to the sky. It was a beautiful mix of red, yellow, blue and orange. "I missed Wakanda..." She muttered to herself.

Shuri smiled to herself as she took the blonde's hand into her own, dragging her inside. "Trust me, Wakanda has missed you too, but its king might have missed you more."

--------------------

Throwing herself into her soft bed, Hunter buried her face in her pillow. She was mentally exhausted and just wanted to nap. She wasn't even really sure what had brought about this so suddenly, but it had gotten so bad, she had left dinner early.

"Maybe a nap.." Her eyes slid shut and she was pulled quickly into an unconscious state.

She opened her eyes and gasped, her hands flying up to cover her mouth. Before her, Wakandan warriors lay dead. Slain in battle, but a battle with what?

She walked forward slowly, careful not to step on any of the bodies that littered the floor. "T'Challa? Shuri? Okoye?" She called loudly. Her voice echoed across the plain, but nobody answered.

"Someone please!" Her foot caught on something, sending her tumbling to the ground. Looking back at what had tripped her, a scream caught in her throat. Steve lay lifeless in a heap next to Bucky. Their eyes were wide with fear.

"Steve!" She crawled forward, shaking him. Familiar red hair caught her attention. Natasha lay in the same state not far from the soldiers, Sam spawled out next to her.

"No! You're not supposed to die!" She pulled Steve into her lap, cradling him to her as she sobbed. "You're supposed to be Earth's mightiest heroes...you can't be gone."

She buried her face in Steve's hair, the tears flowing steadily. "You promised...you, Nat and Clint promised you would never leave me.."

"Hunter?" She turned her head quickly to see T'Challa stumbling towards her in his suit. His eyes held regret and sorrow. "We tried to stay..." His body began to crumble away to dust. She felt Steve's body begin to do the same in her arms.

"No! No, you can't leave me!" All of the bodies began to disintegrate.

"You can't stop destiny." A deep voice echoed in her mind. Six different colors invaded her vision, then everything went dark.

"Hunter..."

"Hunter."

"Hunter, wake up!" Her body jerked up, her breathing ragged and her heart pounding in her ear. Her gaze shifted around her wildly. She was still in her room.

"It was just a dream..." She looked to her side to find T'Challa perched on the edge of her bed, looking at her with worry. "I heard you screaming as I walked by. Whatever frightened you, it isn't real."

She gripped the sheets as tears began to sting her eyes. "It felt real." Something about that dream was different. She could still feel the weight of Steve's body in her arms and the smell of blood still filled her nose. "Too real."

T'Challa took one of her hands in his, bringing it up to his lips. "Maybe if you talked about it."

The blonde shook her head quickly. "No. I don't want to think about it."

The king was a bit surprised at the panic in her voice, but he didn't push her any further. "Very well." He gently laid her back. "Try to go back to sleep then. Rest will help." He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

He stood to leave, but Hunter quickly caught his sleeve. "Please don't go. Stay with me." She begged of him.

Her eyes held nothing but desperation as she stared up at him. He nodded slowly and stripped off his jacket as well as his shoes before he crawled into bed with her. He pulled her close and pet her head. "Sleep, I will protect you."

Hunter nodded slowly and closed her eyes, allowing her unconscious mind to once again slip into the dream world.