Five

Six months seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye, but Hunter didn't mind in the slightest. Her life in Wakanda was absolutely perfect. She had became very close with Okoye, Shuri and T'Challa, never being seen without one of them at her side.

Currently, she was in the lab with Shuri helping the young genius on developing a few more weapons for T'Challa to use on an upcoming mission.

"There is no way that you were able to come up with a truth serum." Shuri spoke up after she heard what the blonde was working on.

Hunter looked at her with a grin. She held up a vile with a silver liquid in it. "I did actually. It only lasts a minute, but it works."

Shuri grabbed the vile from her to examine it closer. "How did you even come up with it?" Her brown eyes connected with the shapeshifter's blue orbs. "I have never heard of someone being capable of making it before."

Hunter laughed a bit and snatched the vile back, carefully setting it on the table. "It was actually an accident, I was making something that could cause temporary paralysis, but this was the result instead." She looked down to the vile, her eyes clouding over slightly. "This is only the second time I've made it."

"Why don't we try it out?" Shuri questioned, trying to lighten the mood. "We could use it on my brother." She took a kimoyo head into her palm and held it out. In a matter of seconds, T'Challa's hologram appeared.

"Is something wrong? Did you blow up the lab again?"

Hunter covered her mouth to stifle the laughter trying to spill out. The idea of someone as smart as Shuri blowing up a lab was hilarious. It kind of put her in the mind of Tony. Her shoulders sagged slightly at the thought of his name, but was drug out of her stupor when Shuri called her name. The young genius was staring at her, worry evident in her eyes. "You're crying.." The princess walked over to her and reached a hand out to Hunter's face, but the blonde caught her wrist in a gentle grasp shaking her head.

"I'm fine." She managed to say it in a strong and steady voice. "Thank you, though." She let her friend's wrist go and wiped her tears away. Why did she even waste her tears on Tony? He had been the reason she was put into that hell before Steve broke her out and brought her to Wakanda. "Shuri.." She called softly to the other female.

The princess hummed in response letting the girl know to continue. "Do you think...." Hunter hesitated causing her friend to look up from the device she had been rewiring, "do you think that maybe, I will be allowed to stay here...permanently?"

Shuri smiled brightly at the idea of having her new best friend staying in Wakanda forever. "I think we all would like that. T'Challa especially." She teased at the end.

Hunter's cheeks turned pink at this. "How many times do I have to repeat, nothing is going on."

"What is going on?" T'Challa called as he stepped into the lab, causing Shuri to burst out into a fit of laughter.

Hunter shot the young genius a look, shaking her head. "Nothing. You're sister inhaled some chemicals she shouldn't have." She joked, causing the other's laughter to cease and shoot the blonde a playful glare.

"Anyways, we have something you need to see." Shuri began. "Hunter has created a truth serum." Her voice sounded like a proud mother.

T'Challa turned to look at her pride was also evident on his face. "Really?"

Hunter began to fidget nervously as she turned back to the holographic screen that held her notes, beginning to look them over. "It's not perfect. Far from it actually. It can only last a minute at the most, but even that isn't guaranteed." She looked down to the vile. "And because two of the ingredients are so volatile it takes 24 hours to make just a single vile."

"Still, it is an impressive feet, just to have been able to make it." T'Challa praised. She jumped slightly when he spoke, his voice coming from right behind her. Her body tensed and her senses seemed to be switched on high at the idea of him being right behind her.

The king's gaze ran along her notes, nodding occasionally as he read. He glanced down at her and something in him wanted nothing more than to pull her close to him. To hold her. To even kiss her lips.

He shook his head and stepped back. "It will come in handy when we have to interrogate people for crimes." He finally spoke.

Shuri smirked a bit as she could practically see the tension between the two. An idea popped up in her head. "Brother, did you remember to get a date to the party tonight?" She grinned when she saw the look of surprise on his face, he had forgotten. "Why don't you take Hunter? She doesn't have a date either."

The two looked at each other before looking back at Shuri then back at each other, smiling slightly. "It would be nice to go with someone I trust." Hunter pointed out.

T'Challa nodded, continuing to smile at the beautiful blonde before him. "I would be honored to have you at my side tonight."

"If that's the case, then I'm going to get Okoye and find a dress." She stood up and made her exit. "See you two tonight."

T'Challa watched her leave, wanting nothing more than to go after her. He yelped and yanked his arm away when he felt a sharp prick in his arm. He turned and glared at his sister who was holding a needle and the vile that was only half full of silver liquid. "What was that?"

"Truth serum." She grinned and watched as her brother's eyes cloud over slightly. "Are you in love with Hunter?"

It was quiet as T'Challa bit down on his tongue trying not to answer her. "I...am.." It came out strained as he tried not to respond.

Shuri jumped up and down shouting yes. "I knew it!" She yelled "Do not worry, I approve. And a bonus is that mother adores her."

T'Challa sighed softly, a smile tugging at his lips. "How can anyone not adore her? She is an angel walking among humans."