Chapter 16: back to school

You wake up to the sun shining through your windows. You get up, careful to not disturb the sleeping Ej, and stretched for a moment. You check your phone and see the date is August 21. First day of school...perfect. You think sarcastically. You put on your clothes and, as your doing so, Ej wakes up. "Hm? What's happening?" She asked tiredly. "First day back to school. It's my freshman year of college." You say with a sigh. You look down at your phone again. "I've got about two hours before school starts... want to walk with me to my house? I need to get my backpack." She nodded and yawned.

(About 30 minutes later)

You and Ej reach your house and and open the front door. "Go ahead and sit down. It'll take me a few minutes to find it anyway." She nods and sits down on the couch. You head upstairs and enter your room, and walk towards the closet. You open it and, thankfully, your backpack is in the same place as always. You head back downstairs to see Ej still on the couch and deep in thought. "Ej?" You tap on her shoulder. She jumps and yells. "Oh, sorry. I didn't know you came back down. Anyways, ready to go?"

(20 minutes later...)

You walk up the stairs to the city's university. It was a three story building of glass and brick. You turn back to Ej and say, "Well, I guess I'll see you later." "See ya." She responded. She left with a wave. You turned back to the building with a sigh. Suddenly, a strong hand gripped your shoulder. "Hey. Been awhile, huh?" A deep voice said behind you. You turn around to see the imposing figure of Gold. "Hey! You're right it's been too long." You say as a smile creeps across your face. You offer your hand and he shakes it with his vice-like grip. "So, where's the others?" He asks looking around. "Don't know, I haven't seen them yet. I guess they're just not here yet." No sooner were the words out of your mouth did you hear a "Hey!" At the bottom of the stairs. You and Gold turn your heads to see everyone walking up the stairs, and a few of them having shocked expressions seeing Gold. "Hey guys. Gold, where ya been? We haven't seen you in awhile!" Jackson states as he reaches the top of the stairs. "Oh, you know, here and there." He says smiling. "But you're right. It really has been awhile. It's good to see you all. Now, without further ado..." Gold says as he does a dramatic pose pointing to the school. "We jump feet first into hell!" He finishes.

Alright, that's finally done. Sorry that it's short, but the next one should be longer. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

STAY GOLDEN!!!!

or should I say gold? heheheh.....