Chapter 17: Double date time! Part 1

After school that day...

"The first day is such a pain...." Mark says, stretching. "Tell me about it." Gold says grimly. "We have to set up our notebooks, make sure everything's in order, learn where to go... It gets really annoying." "You guys are only saying that because you didn't get your stuff ready." Abe said. As the others were arguing, you saw something in the woods. It looked like... a dog. But it looked like it was... smiling at you. You couldn't see to well from the distance, but you could swear it was staring at you, never moving. "Y/n?" April asks. You turn back to her. "What were you staring at?" She looks behind you, seeing nothing but trees. "Sorry, just thought I saw something. Anyway, I need to go, I've got to meet my girlfriend." Gold looks surprised. "Girlfriend? Huh, I didn't know you had one. Hey, maybe you could introduce them to me and my girlfriend sometime. Make it a double date?" He asked smiling. You thought for a moment, then said, "Sure. But I'll have to ask her first."

30 minutes later...

"Guys? I'm back." You yell, walking into the foyer of the mansion. You hear someone whisper-shouting from upstairs. "No! For the last time I'm not- let go of me!" "C'mon! He'll love it!" You see two struggling figures coming into view: one was Benny, pulling a struggling Ej in a..... maids outfit.... They both notice you, and Benny ducks out of view giggling as Ej stands at the top of the stairs "W-Welcome home! I-I've prepared a bath! And food will be ready in a moment!" With the combination of how she looks in the outfit and the obvious forced enthusiasm in her voice, you couldn't help but laugh. "Thanks Ej. I think I'll take that bath first. By the way, are you up for a double date? My friend wants to go on one." "A double date? Sure. Why not?" She replies, her embarrassment suddenly vanishing. "Just give me awhile to get ready." She says, leaving to change. I think I'll take her up on that bath now... you think to yourself.

After the bath...

"You open the bathroom door to loud knocking. Surprisingly, you see Jess standing there. "You done yet? I need to get ready." You move to the side and say, "What are you getting ready for?" "A date with my boyfriend." Trying to not look surprised as to the fact that Jess has a boyfriend, you walk back to your room, opening the door to find Ej already dressed. "Ready?" You ask. "Yep. Let's go. Did he say where to meet?" "Yeah. He sent me a text saying to meet at the park. Said we'd walk around for awhile, then go eat. Sound good?" "Sure."

10 minute time skip brought to you by TO MANY TIME SKIPS

You and Ej reach the park after awhile. And sit down on the bench, waiting for the others to show up. After a few moments, you hear a "Hey!" A distance in front of you and see Gold and....Jess? Coming up the hill. You turn to Ej and see a shocked expression starting to appear on her face, while Gold was seeming to have a smile creeping across his face, like he knew a joke that no one else had heard. "Well, it's a pleasure to put a face with a name." Gold says to Ej as they get to the top of the hill. "Y-you too." Ej says, still clearly dumbfounded by the appearance of Jess, who had a nervous look on her face as her eyes avoided yours. "It seems you've already met my girlfriend?" Gold asks with an eyebrow raised. It took all you had just to nod. "Well, I'm feeling kinda hungry. Let's get some grub! What are you guys up fo-" he stops suddenly, his head turned to the bushes. That dog came out of them a few seconds later, and you could see it's details much better now:

 That dog came out of them a few seconds later, and you could see it's details much better now:

"Oh, hey buddy!" Gold says, looking at the dog. It makes a happy yip and walks over to him. "This is my dog, Rebel." He says, petting the dog. "He's a good one, if a little creepy." He says standing up. "So, lets get some food!" He shouts.