Civ. Culture Guide: Clothing

NOTICE: If I missed anything you believe should be added or if something is not explained enough to you, please say so in the comments below or PM me directly. I would be happy to explain things further and include any information that should be added. If I choose not to add something, I will explain to you the reasons why. thank you! And as always, this is just a guide for you to use as you see fit. Please do not assume anything is required and feel free to ignore what you like. 

How do we determine the kind of clothing a civilization would use?:

            As much as others might pass this off as a simple answer, there are several factors to consider when determining a realistic clothing style. They are;

Technology
Resources
Location
Wealth
Cultural inspiration
Magic

Technology:

What kind of technology is available to use to make clothing? Thankfully for you, the internet is full of sources to feed you information on tech ranging from the middle ages all the way up to today. Does this civilization have access to any of these technologies?

Resources:
            What resources can your civilization use to craft their clothing? Animal skins, cotton or materials like cotton? Maybe they are elves who cover themselves in leaves because of their healing properties? Who knows! Consider this carefully though, as these resources are also determined by geological locations.

Location:
            Where is this civ located? Deep underground in the depths of dwarven caverns? Wondering the great sand dunes of a desert? Cozy and happy in a balanced climate area? Or perhaps deep under the canopy of a forest? These locations will vary in temperature, resources, and weather conditions that all affect the choice of clothing.

Wealth:
            If your civ utilizes currency to determine trade and wealth, then another thing to consider is the wealth of different social classes. Are royals decorated in the finest silks and jules? Do all the people share the same general clothing style? Browse through historical records of clothing used by different nations in our own history.

Cultural Inspirations:
            Art is the greatest treasure of any civilization and often it is shown in many ways. One of these ways is in clothing. Perhaps there are specific colors used or materials added to the cloth to decorate the clothing. If so, what might they be and are these affected by social status?

Magic:
            Does your civilization use magic and if so, does this effect clothing? Maybe silks can be enchanted to be as warm as the thickest blanket. Or perhaps heavy clothing could be made lighter? Maybe magic is used to create the very material used to make clothing! Consider these options and others that may come to mind as these can not only just affect the clothing but even other aspects of your culture.