C14 : Right things to do

Chapter 14 

[ Right things to do ]

Allie woke up feeling cold as she blinked her eyes to adjust the lights of her surrounding. Well, the only light literally existed there was from a small window that probably perfect high for her to not climb. Using her palms to get up, she groaned. The cold air covered her body as it made her trembling. She frowned, scanning around the dark room. The cold air was not the cause of her trembles any longer, but the fear of darkness. Though she knew, it was her consequence. She could barely see things, only by the help of the light she notices a pile of planks, broken woods and a sudden sound of mice, made her shrieked.  She racked her mind to recollect the whole things , -then she got it. Basement, it was. 

In the back of her mind, she knew the door was locked. She tried to drag herself towards the door, but the sound of clank and mere pain around her feet caused her to stop. She looked back and stared at her feet. Scary and creepy thoughts were running through her head, the feeling of shock when she realized she was chained. "I didn't even do anything wrong.." She muttered, her hands were helplessly trying to pull the chain. It left some bruises on her feet as she stopped and sighed. "Right.." She remembered that she lied to Justin about Jack but last thing she remembered he didn't know anything unless, Jack told him. The environment made her thought that she was completely looked like a prisoner. 

Shivers were running to her spine when she heard click from the door. She didn't even want to look at the door, trembling in fear, she hoped to avoid his face.
     "I see you're awake," He said, "Thought I was dead," She replied. He chuckled as he knelt down to Allie's level and smiled, "Good morning, love."
      Allie scoffed, "It doesn't seem that good," She backed off few inches, "Why am I here?"

He sighed heavily, "Because you lied," And she ignored the fact he just said, "About what?". Justin caressed her cheeks, "Why are you still lying?" His voice was deep, deep that it had the aura Not-To-Deny-His-Fact. Allie pushed his hand as she glared at him in the eyes. Seeing that everything was exposed, she guessed that there was no need to pretend, "To prevent you from killing people." Justin stunned by her words as he gave her his death glare, "You're backing him up now?"
     "No, but can't you see you're being violent?! If I told you everything you would kill him, am I wrong? He's human too, he makes mistakes, can't you think of it?" She blurted out. "So what if he's dead? WHY DO YOU CARE?" Justin started to rage up, his face turned red of boiling anger, "You lied  to me. THAT'S the major reason that I'm fucking mad." His wrath made Allie kept her silence. Defenseless. She clenched her fists, preventing tears to come out because it would show how weak she was.
     "I'm so fucking annoyed right now, and you can't change the fact that you lied to me, love," Justin continued, "Dare talking back at me, I have no hesitation to abuse you just to make you realize, I'm in charge." Her eyes were watery, waiting for them to flow down her cheeks. "I despise you.." She mumbled, lowering her head down, expecting a slap from him instead, she felt nothing. She rose her head up and looked at his face. The face that written betrayed and deceived.

Justin closed his eyes to refrain from getting more furious. He got up and sighed as he walked towards the door. He turned the knob of the door, "I know you miss your home, family, friends. I know, but I don't want to lose you," He opened the door and before he left, he said, "I thought I could give you some liberty if you would listen to me. Turns out I'm wrong." With that, Justin left the poor Allie alone in the cold basement after he slammed the door shut and didn't forget to lock the door.  

As soon as Justin left, tears streamed down from Allie's face. I caressed my cheeks. Her breath hitched and her body was trembling. Allie leaned her back against the wall and sighed heavily. She stayed in silence.

Sheila P.O.V

We startled when the basement door slammed shut. We saw Justin came with his fierce face ever but I could see the feeling of guilt from his face. Since he was in his bad mood, trust me, no one would ever want to see his bad side. Because it was really bad that you could die. I felt sorry for Allie. I know she didn't deserve it, she was too pure and innocent to deserve it. She shouldn't have lied though. Justin sat on the couch in the living room, leaning his head and sighed. 

I placed my files aside and turned to him, "You shouldn't do that you know. She's a girl, and you love her, don't you?". He replied me only with his death glare. Chad, who was playing game on his mobile stopped and asked, "Why did you do that to her? Why did you locked her in the basement?"
     "You ask why, Jack is the answer," Justin said sternly. We kept silent about 5 minutes. 

"I'm going out." Gina said, broke the silence. Clearly irritated that Justin locked her soon-to-be best friend in the basement. "Me too," Reed said as Chad followed him without any warning. Now I had been left alone with the 'dark' Justin. I breathed out, continued my work. 

We didn't say anything for 7-8 minutes. He just sat there and stared at his phone. I ignored him all the way and thought if Allie has eaten. 
     "I'm stupid," He said all of the sudden. I stopped my work and looked at him. I crossed my arm as he continued, "..No doubt it was dumb," He chuckled in sadness.
     "Regretting?" I asked. "Yeah, but I was too mad that she lied to me. That means she's in Jack's side. Not mine," He sighed heavily. "Why do you think she lied for ?" I asked as he frowned, "For Jack, of course. She's probably into him."
     "Does she?" I asked again and he stumbled. He shook his head, "I don't know." He rubbed his face with his hands, "I really don't know!".

I took a small pillow that was placed at the corner of the couch and threw at his head. "Do what you have to if you realize that she's fucking lied to prevent you from making stupid decision."He took the pillow and threw it back at me. "On my way," He rolled his eyes as I smirked. He got up and messed up his hair before heading to the basement. I hoped they got better.

-Awareness