Three

"When the sun comes up"

O N W A R D S;

She had the same eyes.
The same green orbs that had stared at him, the same green eyes he loved, were the same eyes looking at him now. He couldn't rip his gaze away from her it was as if she had him in a trance as she too didn't seem to want to look away.
"You look different." Her voice sounded the same as in his dreams.

Caleb didn't respond, "You seem older," she tilted her head to the side.
"Why'd you take so long to come see me?" Her voice sounded confused, "I've been here for more than a week and I've been asking for you but, but, you didn't come..."
"Georgia.." Tim tried to cut in and Caleb seemed to forget he was even there.

"I don't remember so much but, I.... I remember you." She whispered.
Caleb pulled his lips in a tight line, he didn't trust himself to speak, he didn't know what he'd say.
Georgia's eyes searched his for answers and he feared she would read his expression, she was always so good at that. Instead her body stiffened, "Why didn't you come sooner?" She asked quietly.

Caleb's voice box seemed to be broken, there was so much he wanted to say but he just didn't trust himself not to get riled up and say the wrong thing.
"Georgia, do you remember what year I told you it was?"
Georgia's eyes suddenly darted to the doctor and Caleb was relieved not to have them peering into his soul, "It's 2018."

Tim nodded, "But what year did you meet Caleb?" Tim's voice was soft, calming.
Caleb's mind was running frantic, "I, we met in 2013."
Tim spoke up again, "It's been five years Georgia..."
But she cut him off, "So Caleb and I have been together for five years, that doesn't..."

Caleb's breathing stopped, she doesn't remember what she did. She doesn't remember what she put him through. She doesn't remember the information he came here for, so this trip was for nothing.
"Listen to me Georgia, you and Caleb haven't been together.."

Suddenly Georgia began to shake her head violently, "No, no, that's not possible." She said at first, but when no one tried attempting to correct what he said her voice grew louder, "you're lying to me! Caleb please tell him to stop lying to me!" Her eyes searched his for any kind of confirmation but it was then he looked away.
With all he had he opened his mouth, "He's telling the truth."
The shock plastered across her face was so evident, "But..... but... but why, how?"
"That can't be right, I was going to tell you..." she suddenly rested her hand on her stomach and looked at him with tearful eyes.

Caleb used hated to see her cry and this time was no exception, the only difference was he couldn't reach out and hold her.
She wiped a stray tear away from her face, "What happened to us?"
Y O U happened to us, he wanted to yell but he only shook his head, "You left me."
It was the most painful thing for him to utter but he did it anyway.

"You're lying! I would never!" She screamed.
The pitch of her voice made him want to cringe, he thought that too but she did. She left him all alone.
"Caleb please, this doesn't make sense, I wouldn't leave you when I.. I..." She looked exasperated.
Caleb could tell wheels were turning in her head and a certain realization came over her, her expression changed immediately.
She turned her attention to the doctor, "No, no," she shrieked, "They haven't been checking my stomach!"
"No! No! No! This can't be happening!" She shrieked.
There was a pause before her voice cracked, "I lost it, didn't I?"
Caleb furrowed his eyebrows, as Tim nodded his head, lost what...