Fourteen

"Just happy"

O N W A R D S;

Caleb had successfully closed all of his business deals and thanks to his efforts his company was thriving in a weak economy. With his success on everyone's mind he gave all of his employees and the board the weekend off. Although his actions seemed to be looking out for the well-being of his company and the people. I can assure you they were purely for his own benefit, his selfish need to see her. Caleb was on his way to the hospital and was so preoccupied with his thoughts he hadn't noticed the van tailing him.

The van which watched from across the street as Caleb parked and approached the entrance to the hospital. He waved hello to the nurse at the front desk who was use to seeing him.
"Betty, how are you?"
"Hello mister Hearst, you're early today?"
Caleb chuckled, "I've told you it's Caleb,"
Betty chuckles, "Okay Caleb, Georgia been waiting for you, go on now son."

Caleb smiled at the older woman and waved. After Caleb disappearing Betty said a silent prayer for the couple wishing them happiness. Caleb took the elevator and walked through the hospital and down his well known route to Georgia's room. He knocked three times before barging in.
"Boo!" He yelled out.
Georgia crossed her arms rolling her eyes, "Seriously, you knocked before you entered?"

Caleb shrugged, "How are you feeling?"
She smiled up at him, it had been a awhile since he'd last seen her and she definitely looked better. Her eyes were shining brightly and a healthy color filled her cheeks.
"So much better." She smiled giddily.
Her smile was contagious and he smiled back as she patted the edge of the bed for him to sit at. Not wanting to refuse her, he did as he was told and sat beside her.

"I've been watching Netflix for the whole day, and I decided we should pick a movie to watch"
Caleb nodded at the suggestion, "I'll choose." She suddenly muttered out loud.
Caleb cringed, "No. No. No, you have horrible movie taste!"
Caleb watched as a mock hurt came across her features, "Oh please, it's better than the crappy action shit you look at!"

Caleb laughed out loud, "I thought you liked watching action movies with me?"
Georgia shrugged, "It made you happy so I sat through all those torturous hours."
Then she paused before speaking up, "Although seeing Jason Statham shirtless did help ease my pain"
Caleb rolled his eyes, "Hm, isn't he a little old for you?"

She gasped suddenly, "A sugar daddy can never be too old."
Caleb laughed out loud again, "How about a compromise, yeah? Comedy?"
Georgia suddenly put her hand to her chin, "Mhm nah. How about a Romcom?"
Caleb shook his head, letting her have her way, "Fine. You pick."
She suddenly squealed happily and flipped through the options. Settling on one movie she shifted across to give him room on the bed.

Caleb found himself squeezed into the bed with her. He leaned back onto the pillows making himself comfortable. Her gaze was casted onto the television as she watched the movie, Caleb smiled at how engrossed she seemed, she giggled at something on the screen and that caused Caleb to smile even wider. Seeing Georgia again, it did something to him but in the back of his mind there was still fear. She left him once, she could do it again—

But as the movie played on suddenly she rested her head on his shoulder and the small gesture instantly caught his attention bringing him out of his thoughts. He stared at the top of her head as it rested on his shoulder. In a swift decision he placed his arm around her shoulders bringing her closer to him. She snuggled in deeper and put her arm across his chest. He heard her sigh and as he stared at the screen he was grinning.

During the middle of the movie, Caleb noticed that Georgia was sound asleep. Her head tucked in below his chin and on his chest and her arm draped across his torso. At any slight movement, she snuggled in closer to him and he smiled down at her. Suddenly the door was being pushed open Caleb frowned but when Adrian's head popped through the opening he relaxed. Adrain was about to say something but stopped himself as his eyes caught sight of the two people on the bed.

Caleb saw Adrian's eyes widen as he quietly shut the door behind him as he entered.
"Caleb" Adrain whispered softly with a smile to his lips.
"How long has she been out?" He motioned to the girl who was in Caleb's arms.
"Not long, forty-five minutes at best" he whispered back.
"Mhm," Adrian mumbled back, "How's it going?"

"Georgia, she's doing well, she told me she remembered you guys..."
Adrian cut him off, "What I meant was you and her."
Before Caleb could answer Adrain cut him off, "And don't give me the excuse that there's nothing going on because...." he waved his hands at the sight of them.
Caleb's mouth went dry, "I, well— um..... I'm just getting to know her again." He said honestly.

Adrian's eyes softened, "Let me ask you a question Caleb, you believe everything happens for a reason?"
Caleb shrugged, not knowing how to answer.
"Well I do." Adrian says.
He paused before continuing, "You and Georgia, you're good for each other."
Caleb nodded not knowing what to say, "When she gets up just tell her that I came by."
Adrian left shortly after and Caleb stared down at the sleeping girl. He moved a strand of her hair from her face and pressed a short kiss to her forehead.

When Georgia finally woke up Caleb was asleep but the sudden movement of fingertips tracing his arm made his eyes flutter open. He yawned which caused Georgia to look up at him, "What time is it?" He asked sleepily.
She shrugged, "I don't know, check your watch"
Caleb chuckled at her tone and rolled up his sleeve, 7:03 pm.
"What time do you usually eat dinner?"
"Around 7:30, why?"

He shrugged, "I thought I'd go and pick up some Chinese for us"
He looked over at her and a smile glossed her lips, "Yeah, Chinese sounds good."
Caleb nodded smiling as he left the room, half an hour later he returned with two bags of food.
"Geez, took you long enough I'm starving!" She exclaimed as soon as he entered the room.

Caleb rolled his eyes, "I bought two of everything cause I know how much you eat,"
Georgia scoffed, "Are you calling me fat Hearst?"
He chuckled, "Damn, you saw right through me"
Georgia reached over and slapped his arm, "Oh be quiet!"
They ate together and the couple couldn't help the smiles that were portrayed on their lips.

It had been awhile since Caleb had a meal this good, or maybe it was just the company, he didn't know which it was.
"Caleb?" Georgia suddenly spoke up.
"How are your parents?" She asked.
Caleb stiffened as he brought a napkin to his lips, "My mother is fine, traveling these days. My father he died three years ago today."
Georgia suddenly reached over and grasped his hand, "I'm sorry."

He shrugged, "It wasn't your fault."
Her fingers squeezed his, not letting go, "How'd he die?"
"Heart attack. Died sleeping right beside my mother."
Georgia nodded, not saying another word. She sighed biting her lip, Caleb knew that look; she wanted to ask another question but was choosing against it.

"Do you miss him?" She suddenly blurted out.
No. He didn't, but he didn't say that.
"Sometimes I think of him when I'm working. I guess if there's a problem at work, I ask myself what would Thomas Hearst do." He shrugged.
She nodded, her hand going to the base of her neck as if to play with a necklace that wasn't there. When she realized there wasn't anything there, she looked down and paled and in the back of his mind Caleb suddenly recognized what she was looking for.

"My necklace." She said quietly, "It's not there,"
"I only just recognized it wasn't there, all this time in the hospital and I didn't even remember that I was missing the necklace you gave me!"
Caleb remembered that necklace, it was gold and on the pendant was a 'G' for Georgia. He'd given it to her as a gift, a gift he'd specifically ordered for her. Caleb looked at her stunned, "I never took it off." She said quietly.
"I know, you promised me you wouldn't" he smiled softly.

"I must have lost it in the crash or.. or.." she started stuttering, getting frantic.
Caleb placed his hand to her cheek calming her down, she leaned into his touch, "Or its just at your house. Safe and sound."
She closed her eyes and nodded, "Yeah. Yeah. Maybe you're right."
Caleb smiled, "When am I ever wrong?" He asked smirking.
Georgia raised her eyebrows, "Do you want me to start with the list?"

The mood was light again and Caleb let out an easy breath as he chuckled softly, "Alright, fine I wasn't always right."
"Damn straight, I was the intelligent one." She smiled cheekily.
Caleb rolled his eyes at the woman in front of him, who was slowly reclaiming his heart.

~*~

Please vote and comment lovelies

I'd honestly really appreciate it.

❤️